🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Experiencing unusual delay in the response of...
Page options
alijehanzaib
Community Member

Experiencing unusual delay in the response of client after asking for re-submission of a project

Greetings to all, 

I have delievered the work to client as per the requirement a month ago. First of all, he didn't check it until 14th day. On 14th day, he did 10-15 minutes of reading (as he admitted) and asked me to modify the project as he thought that it was not fully upto the mark. After thorough discussion, it was agreed that client will send me a list of the deficiencies in work within 3-4 days. I waited for 4 days but he didn't reply. After that I did couple of reminder messages to him to provide me that list. However, it took 12 days for him to reply me back with an apology message that he was busy somewhere and he will send me the list in another one day. Now, seven (07) days have been passed and he is not replying any of my messages.

In this case, what should I do? Should I contact upwork support or wait for him to reply me? 
Someone please suggest me, as this is really annoying. 

Regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, you need to educate your client. Life happens and they might have a genuine reason for not responding earlier but you need to give them a timeline. Politely request that they complete the revisions in .... hours so you can complete their job asap. You can say that the job is pending on your end and you have already done that percentage of work. Let them respond in the next 2-3 days and do re-submit the work (as-is or revised, it's your choice). I am not a client but I think clients are reminded to make payment after the freelancer has submitted the work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
NikolaS

Hi Jehanzaib,

If you are working with a client and they become unresponsive for a long period of time, it may be best to stop working on the project and wait for contact from the client.

On a fixed-price contract, ending the contract forfeits any funds remaining in escrow. Instead, it is often best to complete your last milestone before you end the contract. If your client fails to respond to your submission, funds will be automatically released after 14 days. If they respond but refuse the work and you believe you have completed the work according to the agreed terms, you have the option to file a dispute.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you Nikola for your message.

The delay in the reponse is from the side of client. I don't want to end the contract by leaving the negative impression. I want to solve it the way upwork permits to do it. 

Anyways, thank you for your response.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I would go through the work, make absolutely sure that there are no typos or anything that could be worded better, then resubmit. If the clients waits another two weeks and then again requests revisions without giving you any specifics, then you might have to file a dispute. 

Thank you Chiristine for your reply.
The problem is that client is stopping me to re-submit the work until he finish the list of points where he would mention ammendments in the work. There has been almost 1 month passed and he is not providing me that list of points. 
What should I do?
Should I re-submit the original work (1st submission) after checking it for typos or any mistake if he is not sending me the list? Is this what you meant to say?

Regards

Jehanzaib A wrote:

Should I re-submit the original work (1st submission) after checking it for typos or any mistake if he is not sending me the list? Is this what you meant to say?

Yes, that's what I meant. If you re-submit, it re-sets the clock to automatically release your funds after 14 days.

That's seems perfect solution. However, if client again ask for re-modifications (asking to re-submit again) just before the end of another 14 days, what should I do?

Should I file a dispute? Will it work in my favor?

Well, you need to educate your client. Life happens and they might have a genuine reason for not responding earlier but you need to give them a timeline. Politely request that they complete the revisions in .... hours so you can complete their job asap. You can say that the job is pending on your end and you have already done that percentage of work. Let them respond in the next 2-3 days and do re-submit the work (as-is or revised, it's your choice). I am not a client but I think clients are reminded to make payment after the freelancer has submitted the work.

Thank you Tanzeel for your message.

I have applied all the techniques that you have mentioned. It has been a month that client is not giving a proper reply within the agreed framework. I have requested him politely many times but he is not responding properly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members