🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Expert at USD 5
Page options
carloslobo28
Community Member

Expert at USD 5

I've thought many things about the system and and how it works, only to indicate one this time: how is possible that the system allows a client to post a job where indicates that is looking for an expert and the hourly rate is USD 5? I'm talking of the indications set by Upwork while creating the post. The solution would be to forbid to complete the post that way, if a client is looking for an expert, let's suppose in web development, the minimum would be USD 30 or something around. It's IRRITATING to see client is looking for expert at USD 5 the hour. I understand Upwork is an intermediary services and so on but it would be nice if some changes are made to state the regular prices more clearly. Beyond that, I want to tell a story: it's about a client that was looking for backlink from a site DA more than 40 willing to pay no more than USD 5, when I know that kind of sites asks for USD 70 or more to backlink, as crazy as that are some clients. Beyond that, it would be nice if Upwork can hire me for me to tell them the other bugs the site have. Good night!

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Carlos L wrote:

I've thought many things about the system and and how it works, only to indicate one this time: how is possible that the system allows a client to post a job where indicates that is looking for an expert and the hourly rate is USD 5? I'm talking of the indications set by Upwork while creating the post. The solution would be to forbid to complete the post that way, if a client is looking for an expert, let's suppose in web development, the minimum would be USD 30 or something around. It's IRRITATING to see client is looking for expert at USD 5 the hour. I understand Upwork is an intermediary services and so on but it would be nice if some changes are made to state the regular prices more clearly. Beyond that, I want to tell a story: it's about a client that was looking for backlink from a site DA more than 40 willing to pay no more than USD 5, when I know that kind of sites asks for USD 70 or more to backlink, as crazy as that are some clients. Beyond that, it would be nice if Upwork can hire me for me to tell them the other bugs the site have. Good night!

If you get annoyed by these job posters, you will experience a lot of frustration here. Just look for jobs that you want to apply to and ignore the rest. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Carlos L wrote:

I've thought many things about the system and and how it works, only to indicate one this time: how is possible that the system allows a client to post a job where indicates that is looking for an expert and the hourly rate is USD 5? I'm talking of the indications set by Upwork while creating the post. The solution would be to forbid to complete the post that way, if a client is looking for an expert, let's suppose in web development, the minimum would be USD 30 or something around. It's IRRITATING to see client is looking for expert at USD 5 the hour. I understand Upwork is an intermediary services and so on but it would be nice if some changes are made to state the regular prices more clearly. 

There's no such thing as "regular prices" in a global marketplace (and actually, the hourly minimum is $3, not $5). But if you don't want to see $5/hour jobs, you can set a minimum rate in your job filters.

Christine A wrote:

But if you don't want to see $5/hour jobs, you can set a minimum rate in your job filters.

Actually, you can't.

Only budgets, not hourly rates.

That said, I completely agree. Let people run their own business their own way. I don't understand why people like Carlos want to wipe out entire families' income and ability to have a roof over their heads and food on the table, simply because they are frightened of competition.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members