Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expiration of jobs

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
1 of 14

How long are jobs listed for before they automatically expire? That is, IF there is such a feature on Upwork. I sent a proposal to a job when it first appeared but it's still listed as MORE then 2 months ago when it was first published.(and over 128 proposals to it)

Also, when I look at how many contractors applied to a job, I see Interviewing listed. What exactly is the "hidden" meaning of that? Does that mean that the person has actually been hired?  For example, when a job automatically expires on Elance, "Selecting Canidate" is listed. The hidden meaning, is the job expired or is closed.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 14

Hi Kathy,

A job will expire if the client doesn't take any action on that job for over 30 days.

"Interviewing" means the client has accepted the freelancers' applications and they are being interviewed. The client hasn't sent an offer to those freelancers yet. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
3 of 14

Valeria - If that you say is true, can you expain why 1 job that I submitted a proposal to is still beling shown in my proposal area and it is OVER 1 month since it's been posted. Another job in my proposal area that I submitted a proposal to is OVER 2 MONTHS still being listed/shown and there's a third job, that as of today has been posted 27 days ago. I highly doubt that in 3 days it's going to automatically expire and be deleted from my proposal area. ???

Wjy aren't those 2 jobs, and possible 3 jobs STILL displayed in my proposal area.

None of these jobs has been awarded. One has been in "interviewing" status for 2 months. None of these jobs are long term projects. They are short project that should only take, at the very most, 3 days to complete and that's pushing it.

Although I've heard jobs being offered months after a contractor/freelancer has submitted a proposals, those expierences are in the minority. In fact they are rare. Usually a project is awarded within a week, sometimes 2 weeks. When a job is listed for more then 1 month after I sent a proposal in, I really don't want to see it displayed in my proposal area. I do want to keep my proposal open though, for those ultra rare occassions, Is there any way to remove the job from DISPLAYING in my proposals area, but keep my proposal open and active?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 14

Hi Kathy,

The jobs you are referring to are open for more than a month most likely because there was a client activity on them. The only way for them to be removed from your active proposals page and go into the archived tab is if you withdraw the proposals.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Chandrakant L Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
5 of 14

What happens to our connects after expiration of jobs?? Do we get those connects back??

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 14

Hi Chandrakant,

In this case your proposal will be archived and the connects will not be refunded to you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Shafqat A Member Since: Jan 12, 2020
7 of 14

In case if job is expired due to no activity from the client then connects should be adjusted into the freelancer's account who have submitted proposal on that job.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 14

Shafqat A wrote:

In case if job is expired due to no activity from the client then connects should be adjusted into the freelancer's account who have submitted proposal on that job.

No, move on you don't get your connects back.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
9 of 14

Oct 15

1 month ago

Sep 2
2 months ago

Sep 2
2 months ago

Aug 28
2 months ago

Aug 16
3 months ago

Aug 12
3 months ago

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
10 of 14

The above post refers to my proposal page ..... not only 1 older than 1 month!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS