🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Expiring connects
Page options
alexgorlova
Community Member

Expiring connects

Hello everyone!

I have just received an email from UpWork saying "You have Connects expiring in 1 month".

The thing is that I bought 80 connects on 19.08.2020. My current balance is 73 connects. I thought these connects should last a year from the day of purchase.

What should I do now? Was this email sent to me by mistake? Should I use my connects within the upcoming month? Can I see information on how many connects will expire and when exactly they will expire? There is no information in the email and I cannot find it anywhere on Upwork.

Thanks in advance!

13 REPLIES 13
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexandra,

I apologize for the confusion the notification regarding your recently purchased Connects expiring soon created. I'll take a look and follow up with more information soon.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I got the same email  Expiring connects , i don't know why 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Amar,

Please keep in mind that Connects will expire after one year. For example: if you purchase or receive Connects today, they will expire on February 23th - 2022. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, I did recieve the same mail some days ago. I purchased 80 connects on March 20,2020. Right now, I have a balance of 95 connects. So, will these 95 connects expire on March 20,2021 ?

Hi Harsh,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
aceb55d3
Community Member

Hello , I did receive the same mail some days ago(11th November 2021). I purchased some connects,(i am not remembering the dates). Right now, I have a balance of 102 connects. So, will these 102 connects expire after month in 2021 ?Is this make sense that my property is lost for the reason i have not used or spent them?? Is that not cruel thing ??? Why i to be stripped of money connect which is actually money and for what reason??

How i can roll them over to save my connects from the gruesome act intimated through mail ??

Plz respond on priority 

Regards 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasser,

Connects expire if they haven't been used after one year, and paid Connects will always be used before free Connects for any proposal. You can check this helpful article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

This month's connects will expire after 1 year. Will this rule be applied in free connects too?
If so then If I have 120 free connects of the last 12 months, will I lose all 120 connects or only 10 connects?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Shemanta,

Only the Connects that are a year old will expire.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks for your reply, Andrea.

Hello Goran,

Reaching out to make sure that I understand the expiration principle.

I started on UpWork at the end of Feb. or early March, 2021. I never bought any Connect, and collected 204 free Connects throughout the year. I received the notification saying that my Connects would expire soon. If I understand correctly, only the Connects that are 1-year old will expire: do I get it right? If so, do you confirm that I will still have "some" Connects left in March?

I am currently happy with the 2 regular clients I have on UpWork, and I will be busy until the end of March on a huge non-UpWork project, so I am not sure that I want to reach out to prospective clients at the moment. However, I'd be disappointed if I had to start from scratch with zero Connects once I have more time in April. And I am not fond of the idea of sending proposals just to preserve Connects knowing that I cannot honor contracts.

Could you please confirm the expiration process for free Connects? Thank you!

Hi Anne-Lise,

You are correct! Only the Connects that are one year old will expire.

~Andrea
Upwork
tttdevelop
Community Member

How can I see the age of all my connects and how many will reach 1 year ? I would like to know how many I need to use not to lose them. Thanks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members