🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Explain hourly rates and desuction
Page options
Community Member

Explain hourly rates and desuction

I just want to ask one question
I am new to Upwork and a little bit confused about the rates that it offers hourly but I am a content writer and my charges are for per word, how can I change this then how or what should I do?
3 REPLIES 3
02d3e798
Community Member

I recommend you select an hourly rate that is just a sensible rate of pay for you where you live. Just pick some contracts that you can easily do so you get some good reviews to start off with.

It can take some time to find a first job so I suggest you write a good personalized proposal for each, a paragraph or two is enough for a proposal. You may get a good start and find a job quickly or you may have to make 30-50 proposals to get a first job. Don't be disheartened if it takes a while. Good luck 

Thanks, I just started to use this platform and hope for the best. I will consider your suggestions.
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sana F wrote:
I just want to ask one question
I am new to Upwork and a little bit confused about the rates that it offers hourly but I am a content writer and my charges are for per word, how can I change this then how or what should I do?

Then you do a fixed price job: your rate per word in usd * words = fixed price.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members