🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Explain what I need to do. The project was co...
Page options
antidod
Community Member

Explain what I need to do. The project was completed, but did not receive the money.

Hi. You recently reviewed my work diary and canceled my invoice. I did not work with hourly pay before. The contract is frozen and I'm not sure that I will get money for the work done. And I did the work. Tell me how to open a dispute and send you all the correspondence with the client, the entire project and source codes. I believe that I was deceived.

I have already written several times in support, but they have not answered anything to me what I need to do in this case.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alexey,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. I would like to confirm that one of the requirements to be eligible for our hourly payment protection is to track your time with our desktop app. 
To learn more about how you`re protected on hourly contracts, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Alexey T wrote:

Tell me how to open a dispute and send you all the correspondence with the client, the entire project and source codes. I believe that I was deceived.

I have already written several times in support, but they have not answered anything to me what I need to do in this case.

The client did not pay. 

Unless you tracked your time properly, using the Upwork tracker, and included meaningful work memos that clearly describe the work you did, you won't get paid because Upwork only pay you out of their own pocket if all the terms of the hourly protection are met. This appears not to have been the case.

You can't dispute it. If the client doesn't appear again and pays as a bonus, that money is gone.

antidod
Community Member

Well, I did not use the Upwork tracker. But I used the TortoiseHg version control system and I have a whole history of code changes with comments. Is it possible to use this as evidence of the work done, as well as all correspondence with the client?

petra_r
Community Member

Alexey T wrote:

Well, I did not use the Upwork tracker. 

Then you won't get paid unless the client appears again and pays you.

When you added manual time, you were informed that there is no protection for manual time.

Alexey T wrote:

I used the TortoiseHg version control system and I have a whole history of code changes with comments. Is it possible to use this as evidence of the work done, as well as all correspondence with the client?

No, that is not possible.

antidod
Community Member

Then another question, and how then does the protection of projects work in stages and not by the hour?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alexey,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. I would like to confirm that one of the requirements to be eligible for our hourly payment protection is to track your time with our desktop app. 
To learn more about how you`re protected on hourly contracts, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths