🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Explanatory information on working with clien...
Page options
swnd
Community Member

Explanatory information on working with clients.

Hello dear UpWork technical support.

Hello Freelancers

I would like to ask you for help, as I do not understand some aspects of working with clients.

I apologize for my English, I use a translator to compose large texts and sometimes I am not very correct in composing messages.
Yesterday at 7:06 am Tashkent time, I received a message from a client that contained the terms of reference for the project. I received a message in my mail saying that I have unread notifications on the UpWork site.
I saw this message at 12:AM as it was a day off I woke up later than usual.
After that, on the site I saw a message that read - Your proposal to job was declined - when I clicked on this message on the next page, it indicated that this job was no longer valid.
I still completed some part of the work, about 60%, but I do not expect any reward for it. I just want to understand how it works and why it happened ...
Does this mean who the client accepted my candidacy and then canceled it because he did not wait for my answer in time?
And also today I received a message that I cleared the interview and received points for submitting applications on the site. But I haven't received my order.
If it does not bother you, I would like to ask you to explain these points to me, because it is really important for me, since I am a new person on the site and I need new clients.
Many thanks.
Regards
Evgeniy Kapustin.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Evgeniy K wrote:

After that, on the site I saw a message that read - Your proposal to job was declined - when I clicked on this message on the next page, it indicated that this job was no longer valid.

It just means that the client decided to work with a different freelancer (or none at all).

Evgeniy K wrote:

I still completed some part of the work, about 60%, but I do not expect any reward for it. I just want to understand how it works and why it happened ...

Why? The client didn't hire you! Don't start any work until you have been hired. You will know that you have been hired when you receive an official offer, accept that offer and there is a contract showing on your "My Jobs" page.

You did not receive an offer, you only received an interview.

Evgeniy K wrote:
And also today I received a message that I cleared the interview and received points for submitting applications on the site. But I haven't received my order.

You received free connects because you achieved an interview. You don't need to have been hired.

Evgeniy K wrote:

Does this mean who the client accepted my candidacy and then canceled it because he did not wait for my answer in time?

Probably, but it is impossible to be certain why the client declined. Maybe someone else replied right away and the client hired them instead.

swnd
Community Member

Thank you very much for the clarification.
But after I sent my sketches, the client contacted me and offered to finish the work. Let's see what happens.
Thank you!

Evgeniy K wrote:
Thank you very much for the clarification.
But after I sent my sketches, the client contacted me and offered to finish the work. Let's see what happens.
Thank you!

Don't do any more work before you are hired. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members