🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Export Upwork Profile as CV pdf file
Page options
crackeraki
Community Member

Export Upwork Profile as CV pdf file

I believe it would be a good idea to have export functionality in profile of freelancer and agency, so we can send such to clients which is not yet working on upwork. In this way we will have our CV good looking, without making it by our selfs and we will bring more clients to upwork and also for agencies this will help to have cv of any member without asking them to give their CV 🙂

16 REPLIES 16
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion, Denys! While this functionality isn't on our immediate roadmap, I'll share it with our team for their consideration.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Any news around this matter? Did it get into any of your planned sprints?

Denys H wrote:

Any news around this matter? Did it get into any of your planned sprints?

It seems pointless, all you have to do is send the client the profile link, then they can simply look at the profile themselves.

It's very common where we need to upload file as CV, link is good of course, but pdf file would help out in many cases. At least from my experience, in 25% cases url will not work.

hthy
Community Member

Good day

Many users would find what Denys suggested to be useful, especially users who pay for connects, as they are paying for the upwork product.

Also other terms/reasons to look up for upwork regarding this issue:

- data portability

- data lock-in

- vendor lock-in

- vendor choice

- data backup

- offline backup

Simply put, users should have the option to export and back-up their own data.

It would help save time and get a return for the time spent creating/updating the profile.  Upwork can use it as a marketing tool, by adding something like 'created in upwork' as a footnote of the pdf.

On another note since we are commenting about improvements:

Upwork has a good system, except for the part where we need to pay for connects.  At least give users back the original connects if users are not accepted for jobs.  (< That is how you can further improve it, while maintaining quality of applications to jobs by jobseekers)  Even just the original free limited connects from Upwork can be returned.  Besides, Upwork is already monetized by getting a portion of the pay.  

eb300c1e
Community Member

Not exactly...they need to log in to get a full view of the profile. Also sometimes you want something physical to give to someone and a nice print out would be great! I won't name them but a very popular professional networking site has a great feature like this. I've attached what they output. 

I've wanted to do this with Upwork profile several times. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello @Vladimir G.

Any news on this feature after 6 years?

We really need this feature enabled on our profiles.

Regards

Muhammad J wrote:

Any news on this feature after 6 years?

Obviously not.

Muhammad J wrote:

We really need this feature enabled on our profiles.

No. "We" do not.

d5b5d65d
Community Member

You might not ma'am but "we" the people do.

itnpro
Community Member

One more reason for this feature is that some clients insist on getting CV file even tho there is a profile because their company has some rules about this. This can sound strange in 21st century, but I ran into it several days ago.

joelge
Community Member

The only proof we have as a  Freelancer is a certificate of earnings, It would help both parties if Upwork can provide a feature to download a CV with their Stamp, thereby enabling marketing among potential clients who receive this CV and they may turn to Upwork for their next hiring. Freelancers can show off their well-made CV among several of their colleagues thereby receiving more freelancers in Upwork. 

Its a gain for everyone. More people will come to know about Upwork globally

Based on what Samuel has suggested, it would be nice to have an Upwork stamped resume to share with clients which would also pull them into Upwork for payments. 

brownfish
Community Member

Hello!

I just had a job invite here on Upwork and after I submitted my intro letter, the response is that they require me to submit my resume. I only get my current works here on Upwork so I thought of looking for a way to print out my profile so that it is formatted properly to look like a CV or resume.

I am using a mobile device and hopefully it is possible to print/save my profile properly so that I could then send it to prospect clients looking for CV/resumes.

Thank you for the kind understanding.

Sincerely,
Sam
kompetansebyraae
Community Member

Any news yet?

sahilgupta562
Community Member

Client demands CV/Resume from us. It would be great if Upwork will provide export to PDF feature and convert to profile to CV format. Please consider this request.

408b3bc1
Community Member

Hi there! Recently, I signed up for Upwork and completed my profile. I was hoping to find the "Export Profile as PDF" button, but to my surprise, it hasn't been implemented yet. It would be great to have this feature as it would be very useful for job applications. I tried exporting the page as a PDF, but it didn't look very good. So, I think I'll stick to using LinkedIn for this function instead. It's pretty weird that Upwork has a function to import PDF from other platforms but doesn't have a way to export your own profile as a PDF. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths