🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Exporting and Uploading times should be Calc...
Page options
shehabelabnoudyy
Community Member

Exporting and Uploading times should be Calculated into the price of the job?? HOURLY CONTRACT

Hi,

I am going to work on a hourly project for the first time, I am a video editor and creator

I was wandering If ( Exporting and Uploading ) times should be Calculated into the price of the job

or not, as it takes Time, and Time is precious especially when working with other clients at the same time, any suggestions?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Shehab A wrote:

I am going to work on a hourly project for the first time, I am a video editor and creator

I was wandering If ( Exporting and Uploading ) times should be Calculated into the price of the job

or not, as it takes Time, and Time is precious especially when working with other clients at the same time, any suggestions?

There is no universal answer to this and this is something you need to discuss with the client in advance so the client and you are on the same page.

In general, clients tend to expect to pay for time the freelancer actually spends working. Clients also tend to not expect to pay more just because freelancer A has a slower Internet connection than freelancer B.

Lastly, remember that only time that has computer activity (mouseclicks and keyboard) is charged, and low activity segments can be disputed.

Anyway, if you have any intention of charging for upload time, get the client's clear agreement first.

I personally do not (charge for time uploading large presentations etc) because I am paid for my working time, not for my computer doing something in the background while I do something else or use a different computer or cook my dinner.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Shehab A wrote:

There is no universal answer to this and this is something you need to discuss with the client in advance so the client and you are on the same page.

In general, clients tend to expect to pay for time the freelancer actually spends working. Clients also tend to not expect to pay more just because freelancer A has a slower Internet connection than freelancer B.

Lastly, remember that only time that has computer activity (mouseclicks and keyboard) is charged, and low activity segments can be disputed.

Anyway, if you have any intention of charging for upload time, get the client's clear agreement first.

I personally do not (charge for time uploading large presentations etc) because I am paid for my working time, not for my computer doing something in the background while I do something else or use a different computer or cook my dinner.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths