🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » External Interview?
Page options
klizavet
Community Member

External Interview?

I just had my first interview, and it was over skype. I got the job, and the client sent me this (still over skype) 

"I need you to provide me with the list of information below.

Full Name. : This will appear on the employment letter you will be receiving soon.

Home Address: This will appear on the employment letter you will be receiving soon.

Email Address: The employment letter will be sent here, when ready for you to review.

Contact Number : A number you can be reached on if necessary.

I need you to provide me with the information above so HR can draft the employment letter."

I asked why it was not showing up in my contracts on upwork, and he said send the information and then it will. Is this suspicious? It's my first time using upwork, so I just want to be safe 

3 REPLIES 3
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If you want to be safe, then you should spend some time learning about how the platform works. Read the material pinned to the top of the New to Upwork board here in the Community Forum. Also, familiarize yourself with the information offered in the Help and Support section of the site.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

prestonhunter
Community Member

Kalli, you haven't been hired for anything. What you described violates Upwork TOS. None of what you told us relates to how real clients hire on Upwork. This is probably just a scam.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kalli,

Please note that all conversations before a contract is started must be through Upwork Messages, where you can send messages, have video calls, and more. 

Please be careful not to share any private or sensitive information with clients on Upwork. All the information needed to hire and pay you via Upwork is available on your profile. You can let the client know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the “Flag as Inappropriate” option throughout the platform. Please check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members