🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Extra fees deducted on withdrawal
Page options
insharahayyubi
Community Member

Extra fees deducted on withdrawal

Hello! I am a freelancer from India. On 10 March, 2022 I requested withdrawal of $291.9 through direct local bank and after withdrawal (fee $0.99) I should have received $290.91. But extra $6.36 got deducted when I received payment in my local bank.

I received $284.54.

Please reply where these extra dollars got deducted. Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for following up, Insharah. In that case, please keep in mind that the currency conversion is performed by Upwork's banking partner at the time the funds are sent to you. While you can check the last exchange rate used by Upwork's banking partner on the manual withdrawal form, the real-time conversion rate may be slightly different.

You can learn more about Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing here

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Insharah,

The cost per withdrawal direct to your local bank from Upwork is $0.99. Please keep in mind, your bank may charge incoming fees. I would suggest you check your statement and reach out to your bank directly. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, 

Thanks for answering, but I first asked my local bank about it. And they said, they don't deduct any fees on credited amount.

So problem is something different I guess.

Thanks for following up, Insharah. In that case, please keep in mind that the currency conversion is performed by Upwork's banking partner at the time the funds are sent to you. While you can check the last exchange rate used by Upwork's banking partner on the manual withdrawal form, the real-time conversion rate may be slightly different.

You can learn more about Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing here

~Andrea
Upwork

Thankyou, the problem was of Exchange rate. It's resolved!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members