🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Extra hours report
Page options
milenaboz
Community Member

Extra hours report

I was adding extra hours but my client's assistant wasn't paying attention for weeks and missed to pay. Now my client would like to see how many hours I added  - how can I extract that report?

Thanks,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Milena B wrote:

I was adding extra hours but my client's assistant wasn't paying attention for weeks and missed to pay.

Did you actually tell the assistant that there were unpaid hours? Clients don't see "overtime" unless they specifically look in the work diary.

Hours in excess of the weekly limit don't appear on any report.

You want to look at the work diary of the week when you worked excess hours. Go to the day(s) when the extra hours happened, and take screenshots. The hours in excess of the weekly limit will be marked red. Add them up, and send the number to the client, along with the screenshots. Consider asking for an increase of the weekly limit.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Milena B wrote:

I was adding extra hours but my client's assistant wasn't paying attention for weeks and missed to pay.

Did you actually tell the assistant that there were unpaid hours? Clients don't see "overtime" unless they specifically look in the work diary.

Hours in excess of the weekly limit don't appear on any report.

You want to look at the work diary of the week when you worked excess hours. Go to the day(s) when the extra hours happened, and take screenshots. The hours in excess of the weekly limit will be marked red. Add them up, and send the number to the client, along with the screenshots. Consider asking for an increase of the weekly limit.

829f96db
Community Member

Not sure who can answer but why would Upwork not show the overtime to the clients? Not necessarily bill them, but at least show them so they can see when people are working extra. Or maybe even have the option to pay for excess hours if they wanted to. 

Hi Coleen,

Hours over the Weekly Limit are not automatically billed to the client, however, they can see them in your Work DiaryThe memo bars in the Work Diary are color-coded to indicate the status of that billing segment:

• Dark blue: Auto-tracked time, billable on hourly contracts
  • Light blue: Manual time, billable on hourly contracts
  • Red: Time over the weekly limit agreed with your client. Not billable.

Your client can pay for the overtime by sending a bonus payment.

~Andrea
Upwork
829f96db
Community Member

Thanks for the answer, Andrea! Definitely insighful on my end. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members