cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Concerned

Bebe H Member Since: Oct 6, 2015
1 of 3
Hello my name is Bebe, I'm new to Upwork.com. When I joined as a Administrative/Data Entry Assistant freelancer, I must admit I was so hopeful of landing employment immediately so that my financial needs would be met. However I have a great concern that landing employment could be extremely challenging. The more I become knowledgeable of how connecting with a client work's it appears that it could go on for I don't know how long with not making any client's connection for work. So now my question to the community forum is I would appreciate your support of possibly helping me a newcomer be a successful freelancer.

Thank you in advance for your response.
Community Leader
Igor S Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
2 of 3

First of all you should work on your test scores, you have two test in your field of work taken and both are with scores below average, this is not something that client would be thrilled to see.

Just my two cent...

Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
3 of 3

Bibi I agree with Igor regarding those test scores, you might want to try taking some different tests and hiding those results of those two until you're eligible for a retake.

I would also suggest that you break your skills out into a bullet (hyphenated) list.  Clients are scanning through profiles quickly and they aren't likely to like a big blob of dense text.

Finally I would recommend you replace your profile photo with a proper photo like Bibi's, facing the camera squarely in a professional fashion.  Over the shoulder photos may be ok for facebook or casual use, but on Upwork you are being sized up for employment responsibilities.

Good luck! hth

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS