cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKE? *** asking for money

emervilaw
Emerson C Member Since: Apr 15, 2015
1 of 39

Hi. I got a job interview for **edited for Community Guidelines** but they are asking me 412.00 dolars to start trainning. Rates are fine and they sound way too good but I´m not sure if this is real because they even say they will give me a laptop w/internet to work (which I don´t need it)

they have no odesk experience and even the job post was deleted

recently I had other fake invitation from a old lady millionare giving 2 millions, I mean this looks fake as well

Does anybody now something about this?

Please

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
2 of 39
Hello Emerson,

Under NO circumstance should you provide money, or be asked for money to apply for, or obtain a job. That has Fraud written all over it.

I would suggest flagging the job post immediately and contacting Customer Service to have the job taken down immediately. Mods!
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
marielleonyeche
Marielle O Member Since: Mar 24, 2016
3 of 39

Hi, 

I want to know exactly how to flag this job or any jobs in the future.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 39

Hi Marielle, 

When you click on a job post, you will see the Flag Inappropriate on the upper righ-hand corner of the screen.

You can click on that to report the job post. Alternatively, if the client has invited you to the job, and it seems to be a scam, you may forward it to our Customer Support team and attach screenshots so that the team can take appropriate action. 

Avery

-Avery
Untitled
lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
5 of 39

On second thought...oops!

Ron aka LanWanMan
suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
6 of 39

Mods why is this still up even though I reported these to you several weeks ago and told you that most of the jobs that had Medicare related to them were scams?

Folks medicare jobs will only be posted on a government website which will not ask you for anything. They do not post  jobs for medicare on sites like this.

kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 39

Hi Emerson and others,

I will be checking with the Team about this type of scam. Please, do not start working until there is an active contract and make sure all the transactions are held through oDesk.

Thank you!

Edit: We have removed the job postings and took actions against the accounts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
8 of 39
Late....., but appreciated.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
jane_erasmus
Jane Chan E Member Since: Apr 22, 2015
9 of 39

Hi,

I've received an invitation to apply for the job as well.  I've also communicated with Maureen on the role and was eventually told that I have to purchase the software at $212.  When I asked for a verification of her employment with the company, she said I'll get it along with the working materials after I have made payment.  Before this, she gave me the details of payment via Western Union.

I did note that the oDesk profile was created only 2 days ago (21st April) and payment method is not verified.

Even though a human was behind the coversations, it still screams SCAM to me.  I do appreciate the outcome on this issue reported to know that I've avoided being scammed.

Thank you

ruthmoisa
RuthMoisa S Member Since: Apr 12, 2016
10 of 39

Oh no!

I'm talking to Maureen now!

I just took a break from the convo to google her and what should pop up but these posts... I feel so... used! lol

Ruth

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS