🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: FILTERED JOB SEARCH
Page options
alioncaci
Community Member

FILTERED JOB SEARCH

Hello!

Probably I'm not the first one to think of this, but couldn't it be a job-feed filter "PAYMENT METHOD VERIFIED" and "PAYMENT METHOD NOT VERIFIED". 

As all the freelancers are adviced not to take jobs from the not verified payment method jobs, I follow that advice and I'm not interested on seeing any of them. But still, but my feed is full of them.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's absolutely fine to apply to jobs where the payment method isn't (yet) verified. I do it all the time. The key point for payment protection is to make sure that the client verifies their payment method before you accept the offer. That's as simple as asking them to do so after they've sent you an offer if the payment method is still showing unverified.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
AndreaG

Hi Alion,

If you go to Advanced Search you'll be able to select "Payment Verified" in the Client info section of the filters. You can then save this search for easy access any time you're looking for your next project!

Additionally, please know that you don’t have to avoid clients with unverified payment methods, only be mindful that you cannot get paid until the client successfully completes billing method verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks for the answer.

Well, the email literally meant that "applying for not verified jobs, would be taken as a contempt to be paid outside outwork". So of course I got scared and never did that again.

moonraker
Community Member

verified.png

Thank you! Trying to figure that out right now.

I can't seem to find this page in Upwork....where is it located?  

Hi Julie,

This is the job search page, to perform a job search: 

Go to the Find Work tab
Type a basic keyword search in the box, or click the Advanced Search link for more options
On the search results page, use the filters on the left to further narrow your results

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

It would be wonderful to filter out any jobs that I thumed down. That wourl clear the page nicely.

For being a databased website, the developers should take better stock in their  details.

-Dave

florydev
Community Member

Are you saying the filter doesn’t work or you don’t know it exists?

Wherever you got that advice it’s terrible.

I didn't know it existed and honestly I'm still having trouble to find it. 

I received some kind of email once that meant "If you apply to "not verified" jobs, we might think you are being paid outside upwork... so I neved did that again.

Alion Ç wrote:

I received some kind of email once that meant "If you apply to "not verified" jobs, we might think you are being paid outside upwork... so I neved did that again.

I am absolutely certain that isn't what you received. That makes no sense at all.

petra_r
Community Member

Alion Ç wrote: 

As all the freelancers are adviced not to take jobs from the not verified payment method jobs,

That is really poor advice. Who would give such stupid advice?

As long as you don't start working until the payment method is verified, there is no sensible or logical reason not to apply to such job posts.

The idea of the suggestion was that "If you apply for this jobs, we might think you are willing to be paid outside upwork". And of course I didnt' want that, so I never applied again in not verified jobs.

It's absolutely fine to apply to jobs where the payment method isn't (yet) verified. I do it all the time. The key point for payment protection is to make sure that the client verifies their payment method before you accept the offer. That's as simple as asking them to do so after they've sent you an offer if the payment method is still showing unverified.

Alion Ç wrote:

The idea of the suggestion was that "If you apply for this jobs, we might think you are willing to be paid outside upwork". And of course I didnt' want that, so I never applied again in not verified jobs.

Yeah, you might rethink this strategy. You might have lost many a good client. Plus your filter problem just turned into a non-problem!

64dced5b
Community Member

My feed option not show in my profile

Hi Zahida,

Please keep in mind that the conversation here is from 3 years ago, Upwork has updated its design since then. When you see anyone referring to "your feed" or "my feed" they're talking about the feed of job posts you see on this page.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths