🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: FIRC from Standard Chartard Bank
Page options
dtindia
Community Member

FIRC from Standard Chartard Bank

Hi,

Does anyone know the process and contact details of Standard Chartard to get FIRC from them. I'm not able to claim GST refund as SC has not issued me any FIRC. Need urgent help 😞

Thanks in advance.

21 REPLIES 21
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd like to kindly ask freelancers located in India who have previous experience with obtaining FIRC from the bank in question to follow up and advise Amit on the required steps and procedure. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
e58c8405
Community Member

Hello Amit, 

As per my current understanding, in case of "Local Bank Transfer" mode of payment, the invoice amount is first converted into INR from upwork partner bank in US (Wells Fargo) and then transferred into Indian Bank (Standard Chartard Bank), which in-turn credit the amount into your bank via a NEFT transfer. 

Now since the money in SCB is received in INR denomination, they would not be in a position to issue you a FIRC certificate. 

The implicaiton of this would be that your invoices will not be considered as export of services and you shall be liable to pay 18% GST on your receipts. 

Please note in case if you have received money by a wire transfer or in case if SCB has received your money in foreign currecny and then converted it into INR, they are legally liabile to provide you a FIRC certificate. 

You need to check in your mode of payment how SCB has received the funds and proceed accordingly.

Hope my answer was helpful!

Hi Shubham,

Were you able to figure out a way to avoid GST or get FIRC from Indian bank when we receive funds in local currency.

If possible can we connect on call or chat?

Thanks

Nitin

Hi Nitin,

Please check your DM.

Hello Shubham

Did SCB issue you a FIRC for payments, or is there any other way for getting a FIRC for local bank transfers from Upwork?

Hi Puneet,

FIRC will not be issued in case of a "Local Bank Transfer" option for payout.

Shubham,

I would like to connect with you regarding getting FIRC for LFT transactions done prior to the GST implementation. If possible can we please connect in a call or chat?

Hello Sridhar,

Please write to me at **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I will get back to you.

Thanks

Shubham,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like the email id is masked in the reply. Can you please DM me

gouravv
Community Member

Hi Shubham,

I would also like to know how did you tackle the FIRC issue I am also stuck with the GST department for 2015-2016 payments that I used LFT.

I also get notice from GST department for the 2016-17 and need the FIRC copy from standrd chartered bank in india. Need some help on this matter

Hi Shubham, can we connect on this issue?

hello shubham

Can you help me as well?

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks

Hi nitin

i am facing same problem? can you please help?

kkanishka
Community Member

I have been struggling for a long to get FIRC document for my professional work, Please provide me the FIRC document or let me know the process to get it. Thank you.   

Hi Kumar, Upwork is not an Authorized Dealer Category 1 Bank in India, so we don't issue FIRC. You could check with the bank or payment method you use to withdraw your earnings from Upwork, they may be able to assist you with getting the form. Sorry for the inconvenience.

~Andrea
Upwork

I also get notice from GST department for the 2016-17 and need the FIRC copy from standrd chartered bank in india

sunderdeepsingh
Community Member

Hi Kumar, 

So did you end up paying 18% GST eventually?

poojaverma1
Community Member

Has anyone found some solution for FIRC certificate or upwork left Indian freelancers dangling in this.

pathan_iliyas
Community Member

Same problem I am facing regarding FIRC. Upwork is not providing, my local bank is not able to issue as it has received in INR only. And even Standard Chartered bank is deniying to issue it. So, Upwork left me dangled.

Ultimetly, I am ending up paying 3lakh+ tax which is by laws I am not supposed to pay but due to upwork's non helpful nature I have to pay.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths