🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » FISHY CLIENT ; POSSIBLE SCAM BEWARE
Page options
imthiaz_sahlah
Community Member

FISHY CLIENT ; POSSIBLE SCAM BEWARE

I applied for a Data Entry job a few hours ago that required me to upload products, to an **Edited for community guidelines** platform, I recieved a reply from a certain **Edited for community guidelines** and was sent a one drive link that asked me to contact the client outside upwork and that the upwork job will be removed in a few hours due to high number of applicants (they were interviewing 28), I did it just to see where this goes, because it felt wrong somehow.

The client sent me a questionnaire, just regular questions and afterwards mentioned that I'm selected to work for the company and requested contact details, I asked for more details about the job and he goes on to say what only describes transcription, which I'm not an expert in, and that the pay is 40$ an hour, WHICH IS RIDICULOUS for a starter like me.

I went to upwork to check the job again only to notice the job missing and my chat with the client/rep missing.

Company claimed to be **Edited for community guidelines**

Please beware

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sahlah,

Thank you for flagging this for us. I’ve checked the project you're referring to and it has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Make sure to check our Stay Safe series and learn more on how to work safe online:

If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sahlah,

Thank you for flagging this for us. I’ve checked the project you're referring to and it has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Make sure to check our Stay Safe series and learn more on how to work safe online:

If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members