🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: FIXED PRICE CONTRACT SOURCE FILE DISPUTE
Page options
sheridanmoreino
Community Member

FIXED PRICE CONTRACT SOURCE FILE DISPUTE

So I agreed on a 50$ contract for a logo with client, delivered the job, got paid for it, no problems.

Now the client is asking me for the source files to change colour etc. I have already specified before we even agreed on the 50$ contract that I am doing this way below my usual price and I provided JPGS and PNGs as was asked. There is no mention of source file provision anywhere in the contract. Now this client has been haggling me and threatening to sue because I said providing AI files will cost extra 50.

What should I do?

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Sherman,

Could you please share the contract ID so I can check this for you? 

Edit: Sherman, I checked this case again, and I was able to identify the contract you are referring to. It would be best to try and resolve this issue with your client amicably. If you can offer alternative solutions then please discuss this with your client and see if they would be willing to take it. It is always better to politely explain to your client your rates and what it covers to set expectations and avoid any misunderstanding. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Sherman:
You live in Bangladesh.

The client does not.

The client is not going to sue you over a $50 logo.

re: "What should I do?"

The client is being a brat.

The client has no right whatsoever to the source file.

But I am a busy person.
Honestly, I would probably just send the file to the client.

Because that would take up less of my precious time than arguing with the goofball.

But I wouldn't work for that client again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths