Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIle transfer doesn't work

dmitry_bx
Ace Contributor
Dmitry B Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
1 of 6

Hi. File transfer fetaure in the Upwork Messaging system is very poor. It always blocks files, saying

It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support.

or something about virus scanning. We always lose time with that because not all clients have Google Drive or any other file hosting.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

Dmitry:

Upwork is not a file transfer service.

It's messaging tool can be used for lots of things. But not for everything.

It doesn't make any promises or guarantees about the types of files and the sizes that can be transferred us its internal tools.

A professional freelancer has a variety of tools and techniques at his fingertips, including Dropbox, FTP, email, etc.

If somebody told me that they were a Qt/C++, POSIX shell/BASH developer, but they didn't know how to transfer files to a client other than through Upwork's messaging tool, I would assume they were playing a litle joke on me.

dmitry_bx
Ace Contributor
3 of 6

Preston H

Thank you for waspish comment. I rarely send files to clients, and I always use Google Drive for that. However my clients always rely on the Upwork messaging system to send me required files like Excel sheets, zip archives with precompiled libraries etc., and these files are always blocked. We always waste time with file sharing.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Dmitry,

Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with a link to the Message room and the file name? We'll check why it's being blocked.

~ Valeria
Upwork
dmitry_bx
Ace Contributor
5 of 6

please check your PM

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 6

Thanks, Dmitry, for sending me the details. I'll escalate it to our technical support team and they'll assist you further.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS