🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » FRAUD BY Edited TO ME
Page options
ayesha-fawad
Community Member

FRAUD BY Edited TO ME

hello all my name is Ayesha Fawad and I applied on Upwork for online typing job and i got hired by one of the typing job companied **Edited for Community Guidelines** and the project manager name was**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

This was a scam they have taken from me by fraud 200$ since i have registered with them first i deposited them the sceurity fees of 50 $ and then 150 $ the fees for linking of bank account with their bank account **Edited for Community Guidelines**

These middle men take just the name and they are doing fraud with many other people just like me they take the name of the company and they take away all the money and now they are not even replying back

these middle men destroy the reputation of uPwork platform where people come for freelancing for online jobs they are destroying this

Can anyone help me with this  i cant get my money back but please help me someone .You should stop these people from doing this kind of fraud this is destroying the reputation of your Upwork platform 

please anyone help me 

my payment was due for the work that i had submitted to them

and they said they will give a 1010 $ for the payment but instead they chardged from me 200 $ in name of portal creation fees and they did not send me my paymnet also

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Clelarly they are saying that i will be receiving 1010 $ but did not receive anything

can anyone help me with this matter and help me in getting my payment

i have been emailing them so many times that send my payment and they are asking for some fees which i cannot pay so they are not relaesing my payment

see the screenshots of my emails

please anyone help me is there someone who could help me with this 

is there anyone who could help me or pay on my behalf so that the company can release my payment please is there someone

35 REPLIES 35
NikolaS

Hi Ayesha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Yes please . I would look forward for your response

Hi Ayesha, 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with all information you have about the client you are referring to? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

hello all my name is Ayesha Fawad and I applied on Upwork for online typing
job and i got hired by one of the typing job companied **Edited for Community Guidelines** Company and the project manager name was  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

This was a scam they have taken from me by fraud 200$ since i have
registered with them first i deposited them the sceurity fees of 50 $ and
then 150 $ the fees for linking of bank account with their bank account
CIti Bank Account

These middle men take just the name and they are doing fraud with many
other people just like me they take the name of the company and they take
away all the money and now they are not even replying back

these middle men destroy the reputation of uPwork platform where people
come for freelancing for online jobs they are destroying this

Can anyone help me with this i cant get my money back but please help me
someone .You should stop these people from doing this kind of fraud this is
destroying the reputation of your Upwork platform

please anyone help me

hello all my name is**Edited for Community Guidelines** and I applied on Upwork for online typing job and i got hired by one of the typing job companied **Edited for Community Guidelines** and the project manager name was**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

This was a scam they have taken from me by fraud 200$ since i have registered with them first i deposited them the sceurity fees of 50 $ and then 150 $ the fees for linking of bank account with their bank account **Edited for Community Guidelines**

These middle men take just the name and they are doing fraud with many other people just like me they take the name of the company and they take away all the money and now they are not even replying back

these middle men destroy the reputation of uPwork platform where people come for freelancing for online jobs they are destroying this

Can anyone help me with this i cant get my money back but please help me someone .You should stop these people from doing this kind of fraud this is destroying the reputation of your Upwork platform

please anyone help me

did you look furtehr into this ? could you please let me know

you have not replied me as you said you will look further into this

i did not hear from you from a long time 

Hello sir. I am anannya Mondal from west bengal. I too have faced the same issue. Someone named **Edited for Community Guidelines** has trapped me. Please take the necessary arrangements and let me know. 

Hi Anannya,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. Please note that Upwork does not encourage freelancers to make any payment to the client for any security or registration fees as this may lead to possible fraud. Also, initiating or accepting to contact directly outside of Upwork is considered a TOS violation. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi all,

It's interesting and frustrating at the same time. As a first-timer on the platform, I was excited that someone had accepted my proposal. Actually, two. They then wanted to start work right away without any contracts and even asked me to pay a refundable "security fee". Anyway, I'm attaching two of the files they sent me for your amusement 🙂

Cheers,

Legi

prestonhunter
Community Member

Ayesha:
I am very sorry to read about your disappointing experience while using Upwork as a new/inexperienced freelancer.

You are providing a service to the entire Upwork community by reporting this fraudulent activity.

I think it can be helpful to others reading this thread to understand that there is almost certainly no possibility that you will be able to get this money back.

For future reference, here are some important principles that you can follow, to help keep you safe:

- Never communicate with clients (or "prospective clients") outside of the Upwork platform, until you have been officially hired with an Upwork contract

- Never exchange money outside of the Upwork platform.

- Never pay money to clients. Freelancers work and receive money from clients, THROUGH Upwork. There is no such thing as "security fees" or "security deposits" paid by freelancers. That is a scam.

anannya-mondal
Community Member

Hey ayesha. Even i have faced the same fraud. Please do let me know what to do next. 

ummemuhammad
Community Member

They all scramer here I already have same problem but man converting files instead of taking money...don't send any type of charges because upwork don't take any chargers

prowriterusa
Community Member

Only work with payment verified people.

That helps but is still no guaranteee as that does not mean that it has been verified that their payment will go through when their card is actually charged.

b89f41e4
Community Member

Hi . So youre also scammed by this company? I also did work with them by translting  a project to spanish. I worked non stop to meet their deadline but when payment day came .. the problem entered. They promised to pay $2000 for my effort but is asking for $100 dollars as a portal fee. Theyve given me time like only 10 hours mm after that they wont entrtain me . Then they are making me pay immediately within 10 minutes . Now i know my hardwork all went in vain. 

Sorry this happened to you, especially since the original poster alerted Upwork to this scam months ago.

6becd58d
Community Member

A fraud company **edited for Community Guidelines** had took my deposits for freelancing of my typing works. They took first 50$ for security deposit then they took 150$ for the agreement and are asking for 200$ for linking the bank account.
Please kindly block these users and help me out receiving my money back. I beg.
I am a student from India.
**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, Mayuresh.

I checked your account and didn't see any active or recently closed contract you had with this client. It also looks like actions have been taken against them. 

As a gentle reminder, users cannot offer and accept payments outside of Upwork since this violates the Upwork Terms of Service. It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

In the meantime, you may also want to read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, this Community article, and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
areeb_sheikh47
Community Member

Hello, my name is Areeb Sheikh

I read all the comments above and i am currently in contact with these scammer, i applied for a job and then the user asked me to come on telegram **Edited for Community Guidelines**named girl offer me the project with refundable deposit. I searched that company after getting the proposal and talked to them,

they replied: 

"There is NO cost to join **Edited for Community Guidelines**. We will never ask you for money or compensation of any kind (including gift cards.) We do NOT use Telegram, Whatsapp or Google Hangouts to communicate. We also do not post jobs on Dribble, Freelancer, or Upwork. Regrettably, we are seeing an increase in scams directed at job seekers."

She is still trying to scam me

What should i do now?

Stop talking to this person on Telegram and never do that again, since it's against the rules for you to communicate with clients off of Upwork before you have a contract in place. Also, do not report the name or the company name here, or contact any companies in the future off of Upwork - this is also against the rules, and completely pointless, since they obviously had nothing to do with it (scammers don't give you their real names). Block this person and report their job post (it may have been taken down already). Then, read this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

1ac3ab74
Community Member

I am so glad I have read this. I sent my proposal yesterday and they asked me to contact them in telegram. He also asked for typing trial which was absolutely easy then he sent one file for project guide. While I was reading it, I saw the mandatory refundable insurance deposit fee before starting a project with them. I had a feeling something is not right and so I researched about it. Thank you for this post. It's been helpful. 

Hahaha the SAME is happening to me RIGHT NOW.But since I am a scammer hunter youtube content addict I knew directly it was a scam and I am just wastng his time for amusement. I hope he doesn't see this XD

Sahara B wrote:

Hahaha the SAME is happening to me RIGHT NOW.But since I am a scammer hunter youtube content addict I knew directly it was a scam and I am just wastng his time for amusement. I hope he doesn't see this XD

Hi Sahara,

I'm so glad you're getting a useful education on YouTube! I wish more new freelancers would watch those!

I am sending you a video link that you may enjoy. I can't post it on the open forum.

Be aware, your account can be banned with outside contact before contract started. It is ToS violation from your side too.

same

I read the above comments. I am currently in contact with these scammers. I sent my proposal and they asked me to contact them by telegram. He also asked for typing trial within 20 mins. After that, he says that "Nice work you did am really impressed". Then he sent one file for the project guide. While reading it, I saw the mandatory refundable insurance deposit fee before starting the project. Then I search for their reviews, I saw these posts. Thank you for this post. I am so glad I have read this. Now I stop talking with them. It's been very helpful. 

b456a387
Community Member

Yes, it's true I am also facing the same problem. In upwork plateform i Ane for work and hire by appen limited

**Edited for community guidelines**

After completing my work i pay all the amount. Now they are not repaying it .

Please can you help in it.

Please

Hi Sarita,

I checked your account, but I could not locate an active contract. It looks like you have communicated with this client outside Upwork, which isn't allowed. All communications must be done on Upwork before a contract is placed. You should only start working on the project once you have an active contract. You may want to read this help article

I also would like to recommend that you please read this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
hope_broomes_mak
Community Member

This literally just happened to me 😅. But from the moment they asked to communicate outside of Upwork, I was on guard. I then messaged them and they immediately asked me for my full name, email, country of origin, and a pic. I replied by asking if they had a company website that I could view but they just read the message and never responded. 😅

6e3372f3
Community Member

Thank You for this postings. I was working right now in a similar proposal... And while I was writing, I was thinking, is this possible? 2000 dollars for translating 40 Pagés? Thanks God My intuition help me and finded your comments... They get contact by telegram. I've declined the proposal and tag the flag for Bad behavior at upwork. 

Hi Mariangeles,

Thank you for flagging the job. Check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3eec25f1
Community Member

I read the above comments. I am currently in contact with these scammers. I sent my proposal and they asked me to contact them by telegram. He also asked for typing trial within 20 mins. After that, he says that "Nice work you did am really impressed". Then he sent one file for the project guide. While reading it, I saw the mandatory refundable insurance deposit fee before starting the project. Then I search for their reviews, I saw these posts. Thank you for this post. I am so glad I have read this. Now I stop talking with them. It's been very helpful. 

759f0f07
Community Member

Hey, I have the same problem. It's a data entry job. They asked me to retype 24 pdf documents within 24 hours. They promised to pay $1500 and now they are asking me for $40 processing fee for portal account craetion. They said that their company is Flexjob.

Hi Jhilamay,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members