🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: FRUAD FRUAD FRUAD BEAWARE
Page options
90a783b5
Community Member

FRUAD FRUAD FRUAD BEAWARE

Hi i got trapped today they took my interview and told me that i am selected and asked me to download telegram app and later they lady said she will send cheque of $3400 and i have to buy job equipment with that. I received the cheque and that lady asked me to send money to this person that person and they robbed my account for $3400 i have done police complaint and raise this concern be aware UPWORK need to do something I lost all the moeny i ahve beaware 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diana, 

As a gentle reminder, please note that users cannot communicate off Upwork until a contract has been set up on your account (
the client sent an offer, and you accepted it). Clients are also not allowed to pay outside of Upwork, and freelancers should not accept when this arrangement is offered. These are violations of the Upwork Terms of Service.

It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

In the future, you can report suspicious user activity by following the steps in this articleIn the meantime, it would be best if you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, and these resources for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diana, 

As a gentle reminder, please note that users cannot communicate off Upwork until a contract has been set up on your account (
the client sent an offer, and you accepted it). Clients are also not allowed to pay outside of Upwork, and freelancers should not accept when this arrangement is offered. These are violations of the Upwork Terms of Service.

It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

In the future, you can report suspicious user activity by following the steps in this articleIn the meantime, it would be best if you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, and these resources for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I found all those job post that shows 0 spent are not compliant with Upwork. Then how can I get a genuine work in Upwork?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

How did you make a police report? Do you know the real names and adresses of the scammers?

prestonhunter
Community Member

Unfortunately, this isn't a police matter. Police can't help you.

Sorry.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members