🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Facing problem with the bad client
Page options
malleswara26
Community Member

Facing problem with the bad client

Hello There,
I am Malleswara, I was new to this Upwork and started working through Upwork 3 months ago.
Up to now, I done 15 jobs. Unfortunately, I accepted an offer from a bad client for a project                  "Lead generation list building for eCommerce brands that use Facebook ads"

I didn't read reviews about him.

Initially, the client had given a trial project for $5. I did that and he closed that project, Given another offer.
From that day starting he used to change his requirements daily and making the project complicated. He was not satisfied with the quantity of work I provided and used to compare me with other freelancers.

After his words about my work, I checked his profile and found many freelancers gave him Negative feedback. Not only me but many freelancers faced problems with this client.

For the same project client was hired many freelancers. The client was not satisfied with the work even I worked for a whole day for $5-$7. At a point of time, he blackmailed me to give negative feedback for my profile. I was scared because I was new to this platform, I was agreed with all his conditions and worked according to him.

Finally, that project was completed. I was not interested to continue with him and I want to escape from him. I asked to end the contract.

The client said to do another different job for a trail for 2 hours then I will close it. I said Ok because of closing the project. Now without ending the contract he added more milestones in that contract. I asked to start this project as a new contract because it was hourly. The last conversation with the client was, Without giving offer he ordered me to work. I was not all interested to continue with him so I said I didn't work for you without any offer. After that, he activated one more milestone and said don't need me to work anymore.

Please check the screenshots. I don't want to keep my profile at risk with this client. Need help. Now, what can I do to get to solve this problem?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

End the contract and make it a habit to look at a client's history before accepting a contract.

Thank You for your suggestion. I understand but if I end a contract with a feedback then client also has a opportunity to give feedback. If he gives anything wrong then it reflects my profile.

He activated a milestone and he said not to continue the work.

Malleswara R wrote:
Thank You for your suggestion. I understand but if I end a contract with a feedback then client also has a opportunity to give feedback. 

Yes.  That's the way it works. 

But if you wait for the client to end the contract, he HAS to leave feedback.

If you end the contract, the client may not bother to leave feedback.

Malleswara R wrote:
Thank You for your suggestion. I understand but if I end a contract with a feedback then client also has a opportunity to give feedback. If he gives anything wrong then it reflects my profile.

He activated a milestone and he said not to continue the work.

There is no escape from feedback. Just accept that you will get always get feedback from every contract and you will have no control over it. That's the way the system works. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members