🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Failed due to Beneficiary Name of Bank Accoun...
Page options
sakiskar
Community Member

Failed due to Beneficiary Name of Bank Account does not match

Hi, I added my bank account but it is deactivated because the Beneficiary Name of Bank Account does not match the one on Upwork. On upwork, I  use my nickname Sakis, but my official name is Athanasios. The surname is the same on both Upwork and on the bank. Also, my ID was verified by upwork (passport) in which the official name Athanasios is stated. How can we resolve the issue with my account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sakis,

Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name and match the name on your bank account.

Please keep in mind that presenting misleading information is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sakis,

Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name and match the name on your bank account.

Please keep in mind that presenting misleading information is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, the name Sakis is a real name! In Greece people named Athanasios are called Sakis mostly. I did not present any misleading information, This is how I am called

petra_r
Community Member

Sakis K wrote:

Hi, the name Sakis is a real name! In Greece people named Athanasios are called Sakis mostly. I did not present any misleading information, This is how I am called

Ah, that makes sense now, Like Jim being a form of James!  or Bobby for Robert...

You can leave it and contact support to manually approve your bank account, as "common forms" of legal names are in fact allowed. It just needs manual intervention of Upwork Support staff. Simply explain that Sakis is the common short form of your name.

sakiskar
Community Member

Thanx, I prefer Sakis, just contact support for it.

I am changing the name to the legal name, to be in line with the TOS. Just read them, many thanx

petra_r
Community Member

Sakis K wrote:

Hi, I added my bank account but it is deactivated because the Beneficiary Name of Bank Account does not match the one on Upwork. On upwork, I  use my nickname Sakis, but my official name is Athanasios.

change your name on Upwork to your real name.

Sakis K wrote:

my ID was verified by upwork (passport) in which the official name Athanasios is stated.

Well, that does not inspire much trust in Upwork's ID verification procedures.

sakiskar
Community Member

Sakis is my real name. As I said to the Goran previously, in Greece people named Athanasios are mostly called Sakis

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths