🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fairly new to this app, what can I do to ...
Page options
5db0569a
Community Member

Fairly new to this app, what can I do to get more clients.

So I joined this website a couple of months ago and in my first week, I received about 4 job offers, only one of them actually led to an actual active contract, last month I completed my first job, I left the client a review, ever since he has ignored all my messages and is pretty much refusing to leave me a review at this point, which could further my chances of getting more clients, but I digress. 

So it seems that when I was newer than I am now, I was receiving more responses from clients I made proposals to, now all of my proposals go ignored, I don't get a message back and they don't even accept or decline me. 

Could someone please look at my profile and tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I need to change, so that I will get regular clients? 

I don't want to hear 'it's just a matter of time' or 'keep trying', that advice won't make me money, just help me with what I'm clearly doing wrong please, I'm literally wasting credits at this point, as no clients are responding and I've made about 15 proposals. 

Someone help! 

6 REPLIES 6
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Jasmine, I have been here for 12 years and within top few freelancers on the whole platform out of literally millions, and i can confidently say that 15 proposals without any reaction is completely normal. Don't be fooled by your early random success - getting first contract in a week and only out of 4 interviews is a big big rarity and just can't happen otherwise but by luck however good you are and however much you try.

Most people don't even get to talk to anyone in their first month, and make their first money only in 3-6 months. If ever, that is - because most wannabe freelancers just try, fail and leave.

And i can't take a look at you profile. It's "not found", whatever it may mean. Are you sure your account is not limited in any way btw?

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jasmine,

Every beginning can be difficult and everyone, including new freelancers, experience highs and lows, but you shouldn't lose hope.

I suggest you check out this Community thread to help you get started along with the Freelancing Resources board in which you'll find plenty of articles to help you with writing proposals, negotiating with clients, enhancing your profile, and so on.

I hope this helps and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

@Aleksandar, you may also want to look at the OP's profile and why doesn't it open if clicked upon... Are you sure she isn't (partially) banned already?

Alexander N wrote:

@Aleksandar, you may also want to look at the OP's profile and why doesn't it open if clicked upon... Are you sure she isn't (partially) banned already?

I can open it. 

this is what i see

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jasmine L wrote:

So I joined this website a couple of months ago and in my first week, I received about 4 job offers, only one of them actually led to an actual active contract, last month I completed my first job, I left the client a review, ever since he has ignored all my messages and is pretty much refusing to leave me a review at this point, which could further my chances of getting more clients, but I digress. 

So it seems that when I was newer than I am now, I was receiving more responses from clients I made proposals to, now all of my proposals go ignored, I don't get a message back and they don't even accept or decline me. 

Could someone please look at my profile and tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I need to change, so that I will get regular clients? 

I don't want to hear 'it's just a matter of time' or 'keep trying', that advice won't make me money, just help me with what I'm clearly doing wrong please, I'm literally wasting credits at this point, as no clients are responding and I've made about 15 proposals. 

Someone help! 

Your profile needs some work. I don't know what you mean by intermediate - not the top professional most clients will be looking for? The text would not make me want to hire you - you need to dazzle your potential clients more with the power of your words. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths