Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Jobs

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Muhammad A Member Since: Aug 24, 2018
1 of 21

Hello Upwork,

I want tp bring a serious issue here, I hhave submitted proposal to jobs and out of 30 proposal in last month more than 15 got expired means that there was no hiring on those jobs. I don't think its good things and I have listened from some where that few Freelancers do such bad things by creating fake accounts and posting fake jobs to waste connects of other freelancers. Even those with verified payments also don't hire some time. So I think there should be something needs to be done by Upwork regarding this matter may be giving 5% of total budget in advance so that jobs should not be fake.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 21

Muhammad A wrote:

Hello Upwork,

I want tp bring a serious issue here, I hhave submitted proposal to jobs and out of 30 proposal in last month more than 15 got expired means that there was no hiring on those jobs. I don't think its good things and I have listened from some where that few Freelancers do such bad things by creating fake accounts and posting fake jobs to waste connects of other freelancers. Even those with verified payments also don't hire some time. So I think there should be something needs to be done by Upwork regarding this matter may be giving 5% of total budget in advance so that jobs should not be fake.

The notion that freelancers create false client profiles is a myth. They would have such a very low hiring rate so nobody would apply. When you spend a little time on studying the job posting and the client in detail, you will recognize very quickly which ones to stay away from. 

Ace Contributor
Muhammad A Member Since: Aug 24, 2018
3 of 21

And there are very less countable clients who have 80% or above hire rate

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4 of 21

Muhammad A wrote:

There are enough. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 21

These suggestions are always so adorable. They are in the same adorable category as the guy who wanted a medal for doing 100 jobs and the ones that think read receipts on work room messages is a genius idea.

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
6 of 21

Muhammad A wrote:

I keep finding them. Smiley Happy Slow down. Really READ a potential client's stats. Don't be over-eager to grab jobs just for the sake of grabbing jobs. If there are none at all that fit your criteria on a given day, then fine. Look the next day. 

It takes work to find great clients. It's part of the process. Otherwise, you're throwing your connects down the drain.

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
BEST ANSWER
7 of 21

Muhammad A wrote:

Hello Upwork,

Muhammad, even when jobs are expired, that doesn't mean they were necessarily fake. Just as freelancers often use more than one platform, so do clients. The jobs may have been filled on some other platform. Or the clients simply may not have received proposals from freelancers they felt were adequate for the job. Or the job may have been canceled in-house. 

Try to vet your clients in advance of sending proposals. What is their hire rate? If it's decent and if their reviews seem legitimate, it's unlikely they're just randomly posting fake jobs. Be selective about which clients you approach. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 21

Muhammad A wrote:

So I think there should be something needs to be done by Upwork regarding this matter may be giving 5% of total budget in advance so that jobs should not be fake.

Great idea, there would soon be no more fake jobs posted, and also no more real jobs posted, and Upwork would be out of business within months.

Larisa M Member Since: Feb 3, 2019
9 of 21

What about returning the connections in case noone was hired for the job?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 21

Larisa M wrote:

What about returning the connections in case noone was hired for the job?

Those are already calculated into the umber of connects handed to freelancers. The idea is to limit the number of proposals and to make freelancers apply more carefully.

Clients are already getting too many proposals.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS