Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Profile Complaint

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 16

Hi Ankit, 

We do value the Community's help with identifying profiles that violate our ToS and encourage you to report other freelancers that violate the Upwork ToS by flagging their profile as inappropriate. We have a dedicated team that checks the reported profiles and confirms if they merit further actions or not. 

There are instances when actions are taken by the team, but you can still access their profile because you have the direct link. However, if you still see some reported profiles that are still active, you can send the profiles to me through a private message so that I can follow up on your report. 

-Avery
Untitled
e812d8ef
Ankit K Member Since: Dec 19, 2019
12 of 16

Hi Avery

Here is the profile Link:-

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

This Upwork Freelancer using fake profile picture. The Girl is in picture is already on upwork. How is it possible that two accounts are using the same person profile Picture. You can ask this freelancer for video confirmation. You will get to know after video call that the girl in the profile picture and the girl in the video confirmation are different. Take action as soon as possible on this kinda fake profiles. She is making fool to all the upwork.

e812d8ef
Ankit K Member Since: Dec 19, 2019
13 of 16

Hi Avery

How do you do today.

I am still waiting for the action. No one is taking initiate to sort this fake profile issue. I am approching since 10 days, but upwork doing nothing. why upwork team is very slow.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 16

Hi Antik, 

Please know that when you reported this the first time, our team has requested the team to review the account. While we are unable to confirm more information here, please know that the team will take action against the account as they see fit, and if there is enough proof that the user violated the Upwork Terms of Service.

-Avery
Untitled
novikovma
Ace Contributor
Mikhail N Member Since: Jul 18, 2015
15 of 16

Congrats, if you are being copied, you are doing something really good.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 16

@Mikhail N wrote:

Congrats, if you are being copied, you are doing something really good.

Not when his account shows up as a duplicate or gets flagged as copied text.............

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS