🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fake Reviews / Paid Reviews
Page options
decs
Community Member

Fake Reviews / Paid Reviews

Hi this is my first ever post in this forum since 2011. I would to talk about fake reviews or paid reviews. I have been doing freelancing on upwork (elance/odesk) since 2011. I really work hard like other top rated freelacers do and i got a Top Rated Badge couple of times and i mean it.

I have notice that, there are new or old freelancers who are not getting work after job suncess rates and reviews policy. Now they are asking for fake reviews in fb groups and also paying to Clients for 5.0 rated reviews. I have attach a recent screenshot of that post. There are couple of more posts in fb groups which i have seen earlier in recent 30 days. I join those groups one month ago. They are running deserving peoples.

**Edited for community guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Go ahead and report them, and send Upwork the link to the Facebook group (don't publish any more screen captures here). Their full names are right there so it should be easy enough to find them and kick them out of here. But honestly, there's so much of this stuff going on that I don't see any way for Upwork to police it effectively.

You can take comfort in the fact that once these scammers get a paying job and can't live up to their 5-star reviews, they'll tank their JSS and not get any further work. (Then they'll be on the forum complaining, "I only got one bad review and now my JSS has gone down! Why did that happen when all of my other reviews are 5 stars?" etc. etc.)

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mutahir,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report. I'll check that and file a report for our team's review.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths