🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fake(Unprofessional) Client Need help
Page options
murkferoz
Community Member

Fake(Unprofessional) Client Need help

I have applied in one of USA based job. And client was so impressed with my experience so She asked my number and we talk over a call. She was so much excited to work with me... I have provided her milestones which she asked me to do.
On friday she sent me a contract and I accepted. But on sunday she canceled the order without any prior notice and now she is not even picking a call...

I have all the evidences in my favour. I would request the upwork team to please help me in that regard. Such kind of behaviour should not be tolerated.  Also I believe this will not affect my job sucess score.  Please help me in that regard 

7 REPLIES 7
tlbp
Community Member

Murk F wrote:

I have applied in one of USA based job. And client was so impressed with my experience so She asked my number and we talk over a call. She was so much excited to work with me... I have provided her milestones which she asked me to do.
On friday she sent me a contract and I accepted. But on sunday she canceled the order without any prior notice and now she is not even picking a call...

I have all the evidences in my favour. I would request the upwork team to please help me in that regard. Such kind of behaviour should not be tolerated.  Also I believe this will not affect my job sucess score.  Please help me in that regard 

Clients can cancel contracts at any time. Were there funds in escrow, you should have to consent to have those released. 
The contract shouldn't impact your JSS and Upwork won't scold clients for deciding not to work with you. Sorry. 

murkferoz
Community Member

So, Does that mean my JSS wont get affected in that case? But I lost my rising talet badge right exactly after that event... 
sorry for asking such a silly questions I am new here. just freaked out a littlebit about this issue...

Murk F wrote:

So, Does that mean my JSS wont get affected in that case

Only if the client left poor private feedback.

Murk F wrote:

But I lost my rising talet badge right exactly after that event... 

That would indicate that the did leave poor private feedback.

And by talking to the client on the phone before a contract was in place you violated Upwork's terms of service.

murkferoz
Community Member

Also the rising talent badge which I lost today. will I get that badge after sometimes or how this proccess works. please guide a little bit

jr-translation
Community Member

Murk F wrote:

So you are saying you shared your contact information and communicated outside Upwork before you had a contract in place?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Murk F wrote:

Are you based in the US? I'm asking because you point out that your client was in the US, which you wouldn't do if you were there yourself. 

Martina P said:

Are you based in the US? I'm asking because you point out that your client was in the US, which you wouldn't do if you were there yourself. 

Also the profile time is not US time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members