🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fake bonus payment from client
Page options
maxim_ruchkin
Community Member

Fake bonus payment from client

Hi there.

I have a deal with one of my clients, to make some work and receive a payment via bonus payment.

And for sure I've received it: Mar 19 Alexander Lundqvist gave you a bonus payment of $160.00

But on May 1 payment still marked as Pending.

I have a chat with a support and here is an answer:

Please be advised for any bonus payment that is shown as pending without any dates in your transaction history, this means that the Client has not yet paid that bonus. 

Why upwork system allows client to charge a bonus WITHOUT rught money amount on their account? That's really doesn't make sense! 

How this issue could be solved? Client sweared that he DID a payment.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Maxim R wrote:

How this issue could be solved? Client sweared that he DID a payment.

Client is lying. He made a payment, but his credit card or payment method declined several times. The only person who can solve it is the client.

I just don't uderstand why Upwork allow client to make fake payments then? It doesn't make no sense 😞

Maxim R wrote:

I just don't uderstand why Upwork allow client to make fake payments then? It doesn't make no sense 😞

They don't allow it and will have written to the client several times.

Maxim R wrote:

I just don't understand (either) why a freelancer works without a funded milestone? It really does not make any sense 😞

Clients can certainly give bonus, but not as a payment per se, at least not with me, because even is it went thru (you actually received it), the client can ask a refund and will win by default.

The Client hath given, and the Client hath taken away. (Book of Jobs)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths