🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fake job posting
Page options
sfeldschneider
Community Member

Fake job posting

I find it very disheartening when I cannot speak to someone at upwork. You collect money for me to apply to jobs yet when I find out they are fake I do not get my credits back and there is no one to speak to. This is terrible customer service. 

8 REPLIES 8
pedroed
Community Member

Yep i agree, there are many fake jobs without hiring anyone, upwork should refunds us connects if a client posted a job without hiring anyone.

pudingstudio
Community Member

Samantha F wrote:

I find it very disheartening when I cannot speak to someone at upwork. You collect money for me to apply to jobs yet when I find out they are fake I do not get my credits back and there is no one to speak to. This is terrible customer service. 

What is "fake"?
Perhaps your proposal isn't convincing enough for them to hire?

Don't think clients are posting jobs just for fun.
Don't think a reason to post a job is for lack of vent.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "This is terrible customer service."

I'm sorry if you had a disappointing experience with a fake job...

But can you name me one company anywhere whose community forum provides better customer service than this Forum?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samantha,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've checked and it looks like the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Also, I checked and can confirm that the connects you used for sending the proposal for this project were already refunded to you. This you can check under your Connects History

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for your rapid response. It's great to hear and know you stand behind your site.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much. Its much appreciated.

Samantha F wrote:
Thank you so much. Its much appreciated.

Samantha,

Since you're new and may not be aware, Upwork has millions of members. If we had the option to call and talk to a human, we would be paying even more in fees, and none of us wants that. There is just no realistic way for Upwork to offer that kind of customer service.

As you've discovered, the forums are a good place to get the help you need. And when you need help with something really serious, you can open a ticket with customer support.

That is why I posted a public thank you to the team. I have no issue with and was very impressed with how the situation was handled. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths