cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake job posts with different "usernames" and "Verified payment", or is there a Job Post "template"?

noxus11
Victor D Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
1 of 3

Hello! I've been here for a while in the graphic design industry, and I've seen dozens of job posts with very similar descriptions, BUT with different usernames (because they only show up with 1 or 2 jobs posted, even though I've seen dozens of similar job posts) 

This is one of them:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

If we search some key words, one can find a lot of them: "Your task will be simple t-shirt"

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Some of them have paid several jobs, some haven't. How can we know which ones are real and which ones are fake? Of course, we could start by only going with the clients that have a job history. But how can we trust on the new ones?

daniloguzon
Danilo Jr G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2 of 3

Technically, if they are different client accounts they can post almost an identical posting. The scenario can be the boss posted the job and the assistant re-posted and tweaked it a little. Thinking positively, it's possible that they are trying to get exposure for the job.

However, if they're trying to do some data mining or doing something suspicious, Upwork may intervene. 

I think this is where the like and unlike button comes into play. It may trigger an alert to Upwork's team that something is fishy about the post/client. In these cases, as freelancers, one thing we can really do is to be vigilant. On the other hand, trust your instinct. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 3

I've seen this in the writing section too. If it's an enterprise client with multiple people managing their own projects, it's possible that you would see similar wording.

It's hard to judge, because there are some legitimate reasons for this, so I guess I would look at the project and ignore it unless I got invited.  It's hard to judge without seeing the project. Could be shady or legit really.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS