🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fake jobs post in Upwork since connects are p...
Page options
blinkea
Community Member

Fake jobs post in Upwork since connects are paid.

Hi there,

Is every one facing same issue? before I apply few jobs and i get response and get orders. But now I applied more than 200 jobs not getting response and not even jobs are awarded. 

Seems like since connects are paid, jobs and gigs are fake.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rolludesig
Community Member

yes i am facing the issue..almost exhausted around 170-180 connects..thinking of holding bidding for sometime unless there is any invitations...no point go on wasting connects..

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
vacce
Community Member

Tiffany any freelancer wants to win job it will have money for both (him and uprk), but i am talking that we waste money on fake jobs and u win money on fake jobs, either way u are in profit, winning or losing job freelancer gives money, so pls be freelancer so we ll talk about someone to take yr money like that 😊
petra_r
Community Member

Vacce J wrote:
, but i am talking that we waste money on fake jobs and u win money on fake jobs, either way u are in profit, winning or losing job freelancer gives money, so pls be freelancer so we ll talk about someone to take yr money like that 😊

What are you talking about? How does Tiffany, who is a fellow freelancer, "win money" and how is she "in profit"?

You can see clients' hire rate. USE IT to determind whether to apply or not.

vacce
Community Member

I dont know who tiffany is but according to the conversation shes not a freelancer, and i bid but i waste my money on fake posts and somebody has ro fix that i guess, so pls dont tell me thats right thing, i dont have money to spend on fake jobs if u do
petra_r
Community Member

Vacce J wrote:
I dont know who tiffany is 

I do

Vacce J wrote:
 according to the conversation shes not a freelancer,

Just because she disagrees with someones ill-thought out point of view? I don't think so. Alternatively you could easily enough click on her profile and see her Freelancer profile.

Vacce J wrote:
I waste my money on fake posts and somebody has ro fix that i guess,

You can fix it: Don't apply to job posts from clients with a low hire rate, or stop applying completely.

Vacce J wrote:
And u should also charge client for jobs not feeelancer

Oh not that old chestnut again... Why do you think no platform does that? Because it makes clients leave in droves and puts off new clients. Less clients, less business, less jobs for freelancers, less profite, platform goes down the drain. You really want to win less jobs and earn less money? Yes? How utterly bizzare.

Vacce J wrote:
clients will pay and have to hire, 

They won't. They will log out and go to any of the many other platforms who don't do anything as insane as this

Vacce J wrote:
wheres the point to give money for bidding, pure theft

Well, nobody is forcing you to do anything of the sort.

vacce
Community Member

haha i will stop if u say thats the best, better to focus on fixing the problem than being rude to people...😉
vacce
Community Member

U are right nobody forces me, and if u dont have any other answer only thing is to wish me goodbye 😊
petra_r
Community Member

Vacce J wrote:
if u dont have any other answer
  • Start charging rates that include the cost of the connects
  • Check the hire rate of the client before you apply. If it's low or very low, don't apply
  • Go after longer term, bigger jobs. They are not significantly harder to win and once you have long term clients you will often not have to apply for weeks or months on end.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines

We encourage our Community members to be professional and respectful to one another when posting here. Please be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
862b3911
Community Member

And u should also charge client for jobs not feeelancer then there will be no fake jobs clients will pay and have to hire, if i win job u can charge me. click here

vacce
Community Member

And u should also charge client for jobs not feeelancer then there will be no fake jobs clients will pay and have to hire, if i win job u can charge me...wheres the point to give money for bidding, pure theft

Vacce J wrote:
And u should also charge client for jobs not feeelancer then there will be no fake jobs clients will pay and have to hire, if i win job u can charge me...wheres the point to give money for bidding, pure theft

You're completely missing the point - if you can't make enough money to compensate for the connects charges, then why would Upwork want you here? Paying a tiny amount of money for each bid is supposed to stop unskilled and hopeless freelancers from spamming clients for years on end. 

Do u talk to all of ur clients as if ur sending a text message in 2008? I hope not - it makes you sound very unprofessional.

avnishkamboj102
Community Member

I am facing the same problem. I am toprated from last 3 months.

Why listen to Tiffany? She (or HE) could be an upwork employee. This "connect" feature is fraudulent. Stay away from upwork.

Fred R wrote:

Why listen to Tiffany? She (or HE) could be an upwork employee. 

SHE isn't.

Fred R wrote:

Stay away from upwork.

Yes. Please do. Off you go.

Did you come all the way to the Upwork forum to say this? Strange behavior. The Connect feature isn't fraudulent, only those who have little success come here **Edited for community guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members