🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fake or Real? Scam or Fine?
Page options
indranil01
Community Member

Fake or Real? Scam or Fine?

I have received an invitation to write 100 articles and then they will pay 5 dollars plus commission up to 70 dollars per article upon completing the job. I have to upload them on google drive with proper plagiarism free article with a report of plagiarism and word count.

**Edited for community guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Fake or real? Scam or fine?

Hmmm... Let me point out that something can be "real" and something can be technically not a "scam"... yet still not be "fine."

Not every job posting on Upwork that is "real" is actually "fine."

Are they offering to pay $5 for each article, up to a maximum of 100 articles?

Or are they offering to pay you $5 for writing 100 articles? (5 cents per article)

(From the screenshot you posted, and from what you are saying, it seems like the latter. I am not sure if every Upwork freelance writer would cherish the opportunity to earn 5 cents per article that they write.)

It's the second one. Total $5 for 100 articles. They are offering upto $70 commission and 1000+ 5 star reviews with it. 

colettelewis
Community Member

Indranil M wrote:

I have received an invitation to write 100 articles and then they will pay 5 dollars plus commission up to 70 dollars per article upon completing the job. I have to upload them on google drive with proper plagiarism free article with a report of plagiarism and word count.

Move on. This is the worst kind of client - not exactly a scam but someone you do not want to work for. You want to be the camel driver not the camel. 

Thanks for the suggestion. Appreciated your suggestion. I will not be working for it but just to inquire if it's fake or real. Like can anyone offer $70 additional commission and 1000+ 5 star reviews in return? 

Indranil M wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Appreciated your suggestion. I will not be working for it but just to inquire if it's fake or real. Like can anyone offer $70 additional commission and 1000+ 5 star reviews in return? 

What you first wrote was "commission up to 70 dollars per article upon completing the job" -- UP TO means 0 to 70 dollars. And if it's after you completed all 100 articles, they don't have to pay you any more than the $5 in escrow, but if you think they will instead pay you $7000 commission, then it's a good job. And what 1000+ 5 star reviews has to do with anything, I have no idea, because on Upwork, you only get 1 review per job, not 1000.

re: "Like can anyone offer up to $70 additional commission per 100 articles and 1000+ 5 star reviews in return?"

Indranil:

1000 5-star reviews would be a total of 5000 stars.

I hereby bequeath upon you up to $7000 commission and 1000+ 5 star reviews:

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 2.20.13 PM.png

Now you don't need to write the articles.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths