Did you mean: 

Fake photo in verified profile

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
11 of 17

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

One of these profiles made 17k in two months.

That's the kind of thing that raises (once again) the specter of money laundering.

Not in this case. The client hired two proofreaders for a translation job. He will surely try to get some money back.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
12 of 17

I am post-retirement age and not very tech savvy but even I know to right click an image to search.  Can CS not be taught this basic skill?

ETA there are pictures of Bradley Cooper on a bunch of profiles...

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 17

re: "Alexander Skarsgard is not native German."

He was German in "The Aftermath."

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 4.27.58 PM.png

re: "...there are pictures of Bradley Cooper on a bunch of profiles..."

Whether it is Bradley Cooper or Alexander Skarsgard or Tom Cruise... It surprises me that fraudulent freelancers use pictures of movie stars when they create their fake profile pages. I would respect the fakers more if they didn't use such obvious fake photos.

eleonoraguerra
Eleonora G Member Since: Oct 5, 2018
14 of 17

Hi Goran, 

One of my clients has a fake picture and just their initials instead of a real name. How can I be sure it's not a fraud and they're going to pay me? They have a verified payment method but is that enough?

Thanks,

2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
15 of 17

Eleonora G wrote:

Hi Goran, 

One of my clients has a fake picture and just their initials instead of a real name. How can I be sure it's not a fraud and they're going to pay me? They have a verified payment method but is that enough?

Thanks,

As for hourly work that doesn't matter. For a fixed price, it's risky. I had few of those clients. They paid me, but all of them weren't that good of clients.

m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
16 of 17

Resurrecting the thread.

How is it possible that there are still freelancers who have two accounts?
I have found a freelancer who has two accounts, both verified, with the photo of the same person (different position but perfectly recognizable), both top rated, and who claims to live in two different cities. Not only that, two different countries, and more, two different continents.
The name, easy, change the name to the last name.

By the way, marked profiles. PM to Valeria. And, there he continues.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 17

Hi Maria,

We've followed up on your report with the team. The accounts will be reviewed according to our internal processes and appropriate action taken.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS