cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake profiles used by a big agency at oDesk

Nikhil M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
1 of 2
I just found that an agency on oDesk is using lots of fake profiles to get projects on oDesk: OSVIN Web Solutions https://www.odesk.com/companies/OSVIN-Web-Solutions_~0191f37381b59dd92a They have hidden the profiles so that no one can see their complete profile unless they apply on a project. You can see the fake names on their company's previous project history at the above mentioned company's profile link. Check the names here: Aaron L., Adam K., Brett S., Peter K., Mike S., Keith K., Charles S., Dave S., Mike S., Stella P. and many more. All these are Indian people using fake names that resembles American names. I know because I have visited their office in Chandigarh, India and have seen Indians working on oDesk projects using fake names. I am quite sure none of their profile is verified, I could not check because all such profiles are hidden to me unless I post a project and they apply to it. Though, I do not have any personal issue with the company or employees and they might be working well for their clients, but I feel that freelancers should use their real names and profiles while working and should not violate any oDesk rules. It makes other honest freelancers' job difficult to get new projects.
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
2 of 2
"It makes other honest freelancers' job difficult to get new projects." So... if they change their names back to their real, Indian names suddenly it'll get much more easier for other, non Indian freelancers to get new projects? I don't know if you aren't aware but you just indirectly said (implied) that Indian people are not serious competition (threat) as long as nobody knows they are Indian. Which is a confirmation that there exist some serious prejudices. Which in end explains their acting you described above. So sad.