🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » False and inaccurate review
Page options
petes_dragon
Community Member

False and inaccurate review

Hi have a review that says my work is bad. I have not done any work for this guy **Edited for community guidelines**. but he asked for my opinion on his progrom. This lazy programmer just let the machine name all his panels for him. i.e. Panel1, panel2, panel3, panel4, etc... and his use of layouts are not functional. Since I did no programming work for him it is just his opinion on my valuation of his program.

I wish the review to be removed as it does not reflect my work?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Peter H wrote:

There are two ways to get it removed: 

1) Wait until you achieve top-rated status (that will take quite a while - months at least) and use your perk.

2) Refund the contract in full: the contract will vanish from your public profile, but it will still affect your metrics.

Those are the only 2 options.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Peter H wrote:

There are two ways to get it removed: 

1) Wait until you achieve top-rated status (that will take quite a while - months at least) and use your perk.

2) Refund the contract in full: the contract will vanish from your public profile, but it will still affect your metrics.

Those are the only 2 options.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Peter:
For future reference, you may want to keep in mind that it is possible to respond to a client's feedback.

You could theoretically have posted a very short, concise, neutral-tenor note pointing out that the client's feedback was meant for somebody else, as you explained to us.

Read:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068448-Dispute-or-Respond-to-Feedback

That needs to be done within 28 days, so it is too late. But if a similar situation arises in the future, keep that in mind.

Also keep in mind that most of the time when a freelancer responds to feedback, their response is more damaging than doing nothing. It takes thoughtfulness to add a response that doesn't seem like whining. So we typically recommend first-timers to discuss the matter in the Community Forum before leaving a response.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members