🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » False payment protection
Page options
mtiifa
Community Member

False payment protection

Last month I had a contract (~ 30 hours) with a client, everything went perfect and the client ended the contract with a good review.

After a week, suddenly my account was placed on hold due to "irregular activity" and the payment has reversed to the client, and I had to verify my name and my address again!

After a two-week investigation in my case, my account has fully restored but without any balance, I asked the support about my payment and they suggested to reach out the client, explain what happened, and request him to send the payment again as a bonus.

Of course, he didn't reply to my messages (since the last week) and I have no idea what should I do next.

PS: My contract was eligible for the hourly payment protection program but Upwork didn't cover my contract for unknown reasons.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Momen,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mtiifa
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your help but there is no progress happened since your reply, Anna told me that she reached out to the client to encourage him to respond to my messages and that's all! 

I have no idea why your payment protection doesn't cover my contract instead of encouraging the client to reply! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Momen,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket. Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths