Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feature: JSS suggestions

felipeharo
Community Leader
Felipe H Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
1 of 11

It would be cool if every time JSS is updated, the system would give us general feedback on why it's going up or why it's going down... Since so many people don't understand when it goes down... 

For instance: 

• Don't close your projects to improve your JSS
  • Clients are not leaving any feedback. Take care of that
  • Your clients are not happy with you
  • You have new happy clients
  • Inactive contracts are affecting your JSS
  • etc etc etc

What do you think? It's not revealing the secret formula of the JSS, but too many people when they get lower JSS they go directly to customer service or this forum... this feedback would help there.

iamchunchunchun
Community Guru
Hiu Chun L Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
2 of 11

While I don't think Upwork is going to do it, I really believe your suggestion is great. A feedback system can really help people identify what's wrong, and thus to improve faster.

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
3 of 11

We are not supposed to know what we are guilty of.

Read Kafka.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 11

Thanks for the suggestion, Felipe. I'll go ahead and share this with the team. 

If you have suggestions in the future, you may scroll down to the bottom of your Upwork account and click on the "Feedback" link. While not all suggestions are commented on, please know that the team reads and appreciate every suggestion sent in. 

~ Avery
Upwork
m_acc_des
Community Guru
Mohammed G Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
5 of 11

Forget about it, The JSS calculation is a complete mystery, a military classified information, and we are not supposed to know how it works.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 11

@Mohammed G wrote:

Forget about it, The JSS calculation is a complete mystery, a military classified information, and we are not supposed to know how it works.

And believe me, you want to keep it that way.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
7 of 11

@Rene K wrote:

@Mohammed G wrote:

Exactly.  Not only that can you imagine the manpower it would take to give millions of freelancers individal feedback on their JSS? My gosh Upwork would go under in a heartbeat. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
8 of 11

@Katrina B wrote:

Exactly.  Not only that can you imagine the manpower it would take to give millions of freelancers individal feedback on their JSS? My gosh Upwork would go under in a heartbeat. 

If it's coded and calculated by piece of code then it for surely can throw up some automated feedback based on that calculation. I suppose.

Mohammed G Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
9 of 11

@Rene K wrote:

I believe every body, but I just don`t believe the devil inside them Smiley Very Happy 

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
10 of 11
@Rene K wrote:

I believe every body, but I just don`t believe the devil inside them Smiley Very Happy 

Ah Mohammed now you hit my nostalgia button. Going to YouTube now to listen to one of my fav songs. "The Devil Inside" by INXS. It will be in my head all night now!! Ty Mohammed lololSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS