Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Bitcoin payments

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
21 of 36

Matthew

No need really - you already have Adam working for you.

"Bitcoin does not regulate, prevent movement, or restrict the freedom of our users." (My emphasis)

OOps - bit of a slip there...    Robot Embarassed

bitcoinworker
Rodrigo P Member Since: Oct 10, 2015
22 of 36

I was redirected to this post from another forum and made an account just to comment. With all due respect the discussion pro or against bitcoin is futile, some posts are actually very shocking and biased considering it is coming from a technology community. Pros and cons of bitcoin do not matter, personals opinions do not matter either.

Some businesses prefer to deal with cash, others prefer debit cards and maybe credit cards while others may prefer steel coins only, gold , silver , wire transfer, money order, oil barrels or whatever. They have their reasons and personal preferences, it is just a matter of having the choice. It is up to the parties to select the mean of trade.

Bitcoin is just one more option and nobody is obligated to take it. The more options you have the best it is for everyone.

adam25
Adam M Member Since: Sep 19, 2015
23 of 36
Why are people so hostile to this? Is it because of politics or something? It would be a win for everyone and a loss for no one. Don't like it don't use it.
jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
24 of 36

@Adam M wrote:
Why are people so hostile to this? Is it because of politics or something? It would be a win for everyone and a loss for no one. Don't like it don't use it.

No ones hostile but the great percentage don't care or don't want it.

The LAST thing we need is more changes. Fix what we have first and stop with all the things you think we SHOULD have.

Bitcoin is not one of them. Please ...give us a break.

bitcoinworker
Rodrigo P Member Since: Oct 10, 2015
25 of 36

@Jean S wrote:

@Adam M wrote:

No ones hostile but the great percentage don't care or don't want it.

The LAST thing we need is more changes. Fix what we have first and stop with all the things you think we SHOULD have.

Bitcoin is not one of them. Please ...give us a break.

I've been working as a freelancer accepting bitcoin by preference for years, YOU really SHOULD not have it but please do not not say WE.

web-ninja-felix
Felix S Member Since: Oct 10, 2015
26 of 36

Signed up because of this. I've never heard from upwork but would give it a try when Bitcoin is an option.

Thanks

adam25
27 of 36
Thanks Matthew it seems like a great community there, I'll have to subscribe.
adam25
28 of 36
The comments are not spam they are relevant and you do not have to subscribe to this thread if you do not want to be part of the conservation.

Honestly I'm astounded that someone could be so selfish as to hope to deny a service which people could benefit from simply because you do not wish to use it yourself. Is this really the way forward?
fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
29 of 36

Oh please.

Upwork works in US dollars. It doesn't offer any other currencies. Not Euros, not sterling, not yuan renminbi. And not bitcoin. If it ever does start offering payment in other currencies I should imagine it will start with real ones.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
eeb79a7d
Adrián A Member Since: Oct 10, 2015
30 of 36

There is no different between USD/EUR/YUAN... All of them are FIAT money. Every user with a bank account can pay in USD to Upwork indifferently of the coin they actually hold in their bank accounts. Ignoring the commission, of course.

But Bitcoin is different, you can't pay in USD to Upwork with your Bitcoins (in fact you can, but you need to own a special debit card). But Upwork can accept Bitcoin and receive USD at the moment using Bitpay, Braintree or any other payment gateway. So I don't see why they wouldn't accept it, they will have more potential clients and they will still receive USD as right now.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS