🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feature Request - Google Analytics
Page options
richardrader
Community Member

Feature Request - Google Analytics

As a feature request, I would love if we could add a Google Analytics script to our profile pages. Many services allow you to enter your Google Analytics code or Google Analytics View ID and think it would be easy to implement.

Maybe this could be a Freelancer Plus feature only. I would totaly buy Freelancer Plus simply for the ability to add Google Analytics to my profile. I really don't use many connects, so this could be an added incentive to continue to subscribe to plus. There are a lot of developers using UpWork who use Google Analytics on a daily basis, and for those who do not, a simple short article explaining the steps to help non-developers set it up would allow them to use it as well. 

The current analytics provided is great, but is lacking a lot of information. Google Analytics could add a lot more information to help us market our services, and the Upwork platform. Plus it requires very little code from the Upwork side. I would like to market my Upwork profile on my own end, and knowing where traffic is coming from would be very helpful. 

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for this suggestion, Richard. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Has there been any development on this? I would love to integrate GA with Upwork as well. Being able to see what traffic from what platform is generating the most hits and which converts the best would be amazing. Could you set that up?

Hi Jonathan,

At the moment, it isn't possible to integrate Google Analytics with Upwork. We definitely appreciate your suggestion and I'll be sure to pass this one to the team as well.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
arnok
Community Member

I agree, I don't understand why this is not on the priority list of features. That's free marketing for Upwork to allow freelancers to market their own profiles. Please implement this ASAP. The current stats don't work. I have done some test to maket my profile and that traffic doesn't reflect on stats. 

245bb2bd
Community Member

Current 'Stats' feature is objectively broken. I'm getting lots of work inquiries every week but the stats on my profile are all pretty close to zero. There's just no way its accurate based on the number of folks who have reached out and reviewed my work.

Rather than fixing stats, I'd strongly prefer the ability to add a google analytics tag. Its a very, very, very, light engineering lift on the upwork side. Pretty sure I could knock it out in a few mins if I had access to the profile template codebase. This request is 4years old and your in-house solution is totally busted. I can't imagine lower hanging fruit than this. Do it. Close this tab, open up your local, add an input field to the profile settings page with some basic regex validation and then spit the value out in the profile header. Boom. New, super-valuable feature with 20mins of effort.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members