🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feature Request: Make it possible to link por...
Page options
eugenebrusov
Community Member

Feature Request: Make it possible to link portfolio item to ongoing project

Hello,

Currently it's impossible to link portfolio item to project that hasn't been completed yet - this picker in portfolio wizard lists only finished projects (see attached screenshot). 

That project is a mobile app that was mostly finished and currently that project has been turned to the ongoing one without any specific deadline. As a workaround I can ask client to initiate another project and mark current one as completed, but would be really nice if I can have just single project with portfolio item linked to it.

With regards,
Eugene B.

6 REPLIES 6
varungs
Community Member

While such a feature makes sense in your specific scenario, it wouldn't for the vast majority of people. Having unfinished projects on a freelancer's portfolio would be pretty inconvenient, unhelpful, and maybe even a deterrent from the perspective of a client.

While such a feature makes sense in your specific scenario, it wouldn't for the vast majority of people. Having unfinished projects on a freelancer's portfolio would be pretty inconvenient, unhelpful, and maybe even a deterrent from the perspective of a client.

It's just an assumption that needs to be proved or rejected by adding that feature then if you gain a lot of negative feedback you just disable that.

There is nothing stopping you from adding the project (with the client's permissiom of course) to your portfolio.

You can link it when the contract is ended.

Thank you Petra R,

I know that I can that project to portfolio! The request was to allow me link that portfolio item to unfinished project. Is it real deal-braker if Upwork allows you to link portfolio items to unfinished projects, perhaps worth to try at least?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Cool, thanks Goran V!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members