🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Feature Request - Transfer hours logged i...
Page options
bumbeishvili
Community Member

Feature Request - Transfer hours logged in one contract to another

In the past, I had many cases,   when I logged time in the wrong contract. 

I know,  I can contact the client about this, but I usually prefer not to bother them and I am just deleting hours logged in the wrong contract. 

Converting it to money,  I can tell that lost money will be more than 1000 $. just for my case, I believe there will be many freelancers like me,  and the sum of lost money can easily excess millions per year. 

On the other hand, implementing hours transferring feature is pretty easy to do technically, I am sure it won't cost millions as well.  

So, select hours => click transfer button => choose contract in dropdown => submit and that's it.  A simple feature saves millions of dollars  (Taking Upwork size into account )

It is not the same as manually entering time, because actuall logger is used and screenshots are genuine as well, so it does make sense to have that feature available

David

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran and everyone!

**a feature which allows contractors to transfer logged time from their work diary into a different contract** 

Can this requested feature be PRIORITIZED? Some contractors are asking about this since year 2017!

Contractors pay thousands of dollars to Upwork over these years. Upwork in return has also got to do something to improve their services for everyone, most especially for the contractors, AND not just to always find a way to charge us.

20% fees. 10% fees. 5% fees. Connects $$$$ money, money money-making.

What about us freelance contractors?

Woman Mad

Hi Criselle,

I already shared your feedback with our team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

we need this transfering hours feature ASAP

maemargaretm
Community Member

Bumping this. I really need this feature too.

marc_compte
Community Member

It happened to me twice. It would have been a nice feature to have at that time. Now I just know I have to pay more attention when running the timer.

But for me, it would be more important to have the timer force you to pick a contract when you hit the "run" button. The way it works now is not very user friendly, as you can see from freelancer's posts on this thread.

Picking a contract first and then being able to run a timer with a one single click is very error prone. Instead, hit the "run timer" first and have a popup asking you to pick or confirm the contract before it actually runs. Then there wouldn't be so many errors and the "move logged hours to another contract" would not be necessary.

I think it is always better to prevent the errors from happening rather than fixing their effects.

tclarkston
Community Member

Another +1. It should be such an easy feature and such a common mistake.

re: "Feature Request - Transfer hours logged in one contract to another"

I am just an Upwork user, like the rest of you. I am not in charge of deciding what features Upwork implements.

I believe that this feature request is never going to happen.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths