🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feature Request: ability to propose hourly wo...
Page options
efeldman
Community Member

Feature Request: ability to propose hourly work for a fixed price job.

Hi,

I found myself, many times, rejecting many interesting jobs due to being fixed price with a very low budget and a totally lacking detailed requirements.

What I'm saying is that would be really nice for the freelancers, is to have a kind of button to offer the client to work on the project on hourly basis.

Many of the postings I found they really lack detailing feature request and I found that I would do a disservice if I do a proposal for something so loosely defined.

If the freelancer could, in a way, offer an hourly contract, the client could work with him and make the specifications more detailed and even go with it or just stop at whatever the client think is enough for him, but this should be an option to offer to the client.

NOTE: this is happening to me that I work on the Software Development part. You can see many job postings saying, want to make a Simple Game bugdet $200 and that's it... I could help them reach that but then I know they will ask for social integration, highscores, cloud save, etc..., and that's not possible on that budget, and to get to that point on the detail of the requirements is spending many unbilled hours of my part without being assure payment or client side.

Well that's my 2 cents. Other ideas are welcomed.

In the meantime, thank you so much for your attention and participation.

1 REPLY 1
tlbp
Community Member

I think most freelancers just mention an hourly option in their proposal. Usually, you will discuss the proposal and job details with the client before a final offer is issued and accepted. 

Bear in mind, however, many of those clients really do expect to pay the dollar amount they have set for the project and may not be interested in help that costs them more--even when your rates are completely reasonable. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members