cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: notification of edit at job post

lady_s
Sara L Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 3

It will be really helpful if we receive a notification that a job description from a job post we've applied for was changed or edited. If I remember correctly we used to have that feature back on the Elance days.

This alert can save us all (clients and freelancers) some time and in some cases future grief.

Out of precaution after I sent in my proposal, I double check (even triple check!) the description. Why? Because there are more than not they decide to change something about the project. For instance, to include their real budget or extra things they need done. I feel a bit cheated sometimes because their new added items on the list is not what I bidded for, yet they expect me (us) to comply for the same bid. Etc!

I am not asking to give us back the connects, if we decide to withdraw the proposal. All I am asking to be alerted to the most up to date information about it. So we all know where we really stand.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

Meh...

I understand the idea behind this suggestion...

But I think you're over-thinking this.

My take:

Apply to a job and move on. Don't think about it again until the client contacts you.

When you are actually interviewed and agree to a contract, it no longer matters that much what was in the original job description. What matters is the agreement between the client and contractor.

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
3 of 3

@Preston H wrote:

...When you are actually interviewed and agree to a contract, it no longer matters that much what was in the original job description. What matters is the agreement between the client and contractor.

No, Preston, that doesn't matter either until Upwork plugs the loophole by which clients can unilaterally change terms of an active contract. They say they're working on it.

Best,

Michael

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS