🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » [Feature Suggestion] Getting Paid with Sablie...
Page options
walidmujahid
Community Member

[Feature Suggestion] Getting Paid with Sablier

It would be interesting if Upwork enabled clients to pay Freelancers using Sablier. In fact, it would probably help Upwork cut costs if "Embracing Web3" were added to a future roadmap in general. That way, Upwork can earn their profit without giving freelancers, new or old, headaches through ever-added fees. 

With Sablier, real-time finance could be brought to Upwork. In simplests terms, Upwork would probably want to setup a Sablier Payroll proxy. The protocols are all open source and ever-evolving. So, Upwork might find interest in future versions of Sablier's protocols.

As I continue using Upwork into the future, as a freelancer, I want to be paid with Sablier. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Upwork doesn't accept crypto for now.

Your patience is highly appreciated while crypto gains widespread adoption before Upwork may even begin to consider your suggestion.

My suggestion is borader than merely "accepting crypto", Abinadab. It is in fact more along the lines of, through the usage of open source protocols and methodologies, while many are currently experimental but  which are still clearly demonstrated in practice, trying to optimise current systems and lowering costs. 

My suggestion was about using Sablier and the consideration of real-time finance as advocated and shown by Sablier into Upwork. Yes. And I would certainly love to be paid in crypto.

However, one can take this further by using techniques that are being developed by projects such as Blockstack to try and optimise a system's structure. While very new, it is an ever-evolving space that should not be ignored and does not nessecarily have to depend on any form of "crypto" or "tokens". See Blockstack's main research paper/whitepaper/yellow paper -whatever you want to call it.

So, my suggestion does not only boiled down to merely "cryptocurrency" or even "blockchain". 

Edit: I suppose I should probably rephrase my suggestions to better emphasise "embracing web3" or more accurately, "embracing relevant techniques that are currently being proved in practice in the web3 space". 

Though yes, I do wish I could be paid with Sablier and, yes, that does entail "crypto".

Another Edit:

I also very much realise how far into the "future" this might be viable for Upwork. However, I merely begin this suggestion now to start discussion on Upwork's side. I definitely think that this could be of use to Upwork and would certainly help Upwork serve their consumers such as myself. Regardless of how far into the future practical implementation might be. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Walid, 

Thank you for the suggestion. I will go ahead and share this with the team for their consideration.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members