cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request : Allow linking to specific feedback in job application

Community Guru
Gyan D Member Since: Sep 4, 2014
1 of 3
I'm a video editor & motion graphics artist, and many of the jobs I apply to, require some repair work, modification or other technical skills applied. These usually don't feature delivering a brand new and substantial creative work which can be added to the portfolio. Think car mechanic rather than car designer. In the application for such jobs, the client will usually ask for work history or samples. Now I may have positive feedback in my oDesk history for very similar jobs performed. But I cannot link to that specific feedback. At best, I can link to the expired job listing page showing that I was hired, or to my whole profile and ask the client to wade through more recent entries till he/she comes across the relevant one. In a job with 30+ applicants, the client may not have the patience to do that. On the profile page, when you click on a specific feedback entry, a box pops up which contains the job description along with the client's and my feedback. So it would be great if oDesk could add a facility on the job application page for contractors to select one or more feedback from their work history so that when the client clicks on that link, the same box appears as on the profile page. Thanks, Gyan
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3
Thank you very much for your suggestion, Gyan! Our Product Team might consider adding an option to link an item from the Work History to a job application. We really appreciate your feedback.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Gyan D Member Since: Sep 4, 2014
3 of 3
Thanks for the acknowledgement. Hopefully this feature is added soon. Gyan
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS