🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feature request - ability to send client mess...
Page options
scoovy
Community Member

Feature request - ability to send client message without bidding

A lot of times I'm scrolling through upwork jobs and I see jobs I'm not interested in (either because I don't have the time or their budget isn't high enough), but there's some advice I wish I could give them with just a single sentence.

I don't really want to burn my credits helping somebody out; I wish there were a way to just send a message without using them up. I'm sure some people could abuse this, and if that's the concern I feel like there are ways upwork could obfuscate who sent the message, but if I can take a couple of mins to help somebody out free of charge I'm happy to do it.

Just to explain what I'm talking about, I saw a posting earlier today of somebody wanting to create some data visualizations from Google Sheets. The poster said they were looking at using Tableau or PowerBI. I don't want to bid on the project, but I do want to say, "Hey, if your data is already in the google ecosystem just use Google Data Studio - it's free and easy to use."

There have been a few times recently where I wanted to pass on some small info like this so I'm assuming other people have had similar experiences.

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths