Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: fixed price trials without review risk

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 24

Christine A wrote:

A client's bad private feedback can still impact your JSS, even with the dollar weighting (there will be less impact, but not zero impact).

I am fairly certain based on seeing some outcomes (but not absolutely sure) that the JSS impact is based on what was paid, rather than the eventually remaining $0. I am basing this on seeing how large refunds did not make any difference to the JSS at all.

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
22 of 24

Petra R wrote:

Christine A wrote:

A client's bad private feedback can still impact your JSS, even with the dollar weighting (there will be less impact, but not zero impact).

I am fairly certain based on seeing some outcomes (but not absolutely sure) that the JSS impact is based on what was paid, rather than the eventually remaining $0. I am basing this on seeing how large refunds did not make any difference to the JSS at all.

Ah, that's interesting - and fair, IMO. I should think that Upwork would want to discourage large refunds!

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
23 of 24

Allow it but require disclosure. 

"This freelancer, by mutual agreement with one or more clients, has opted not to allow feedback on the designated contracts [marked on their work history]. As a result, their JSS calculation does not reflect feedback from X contracts with a total value of $XX."

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 24

Tonya P wrote:

Allow it but require disclosure. 

"This freelancer, by mutual agreement with one or more clients, has opted not to allow feedback on the designated contracts [marked on their work history]. As a result, their JSS calculation and their feedback does not reflect feedback from X contracts with a total value of $XX."

Added by me

I still don't see any point in it and am fairly sure that hardly anyone would use it (which could be a hint that maybe tech-time be better spent on fixing broken stuff and building things people actually want) but at least that way it would be clear to a profile visitor that a feedback history and the JSS are not comprehensive and have been manipulated by requiring clients to not leave feedback.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS