cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fed up after no jobs for 3 month ? every job applications get declined ?

uchithidunil
Uchith J Member Since: Jun 23, 2013
1 of 7

I do not know what is the reason that I have not able to get/win a job for 3 month up to now 4 month ,and most of the time job proposals get declined.I have 4.89stars and 84 Job Sucess Rate.What would be the reason ? is this normal ?

Thanks

Uchith

brian_dean
Brian D Member Since: May 20, 2015
2 of 7

I am new here but, I feel it might be due to the business cycles (peak and trough). Maybe, it is time to begin experimenting with different rates.

Either way, it would be a whole lot easier if data was available concerning the average proposal to "declined by client" ratio and proposal to "expired" ratio. 

Cheers, Brian

mario-chirinos
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 7

@brian D wrote:

I am new here but, I feel it might be due to the business cycles (peak and trough). Maybe, it is time to begin experimenting with different rates.

Either way, it would be a whole lot easier if data was available concerning the average proposal to "declined by client" ratio and proposal to "expired" ratio. 

Cheers, Brian

I would love to see those statistics in the page 

m_pymek
Maggo P Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
4 of 7

it's probably running different trends on different categories.  but since we're in the same-ish category, i can say this about last year around this time:  i raised my rate because i noticed A LOT of jobs were hiring on higher pays.

lately, in the last 2 months that i actively browsed upwork, i've noticed a huge drop from last year's trend at this time.  not only were the average budget much lower ( roughly 30% ) but a big percentage of them either take too long to materialize or not at all.

hopefully, these are just hiccups of the elance-odesk transition.  i'm sure the odesk part was hit badly by the branding transition, you only have to run a few google searches to know that upwork has yet to make its mark.

and the site bugs are not helping, sigh...

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
5 of 7

@brian D wrote:

Survey from 500 posts.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
brian_dean
Brian D Member Since: May 20, 2015
6 of 7

Great link. Thank you.

@Setu M wrote:

@brian D wrote:

Survey from 500 posts.

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
7 of 7

Bear in mind it will make sense that the number of jobs you get might go down...with all of the new freelancers coming from Elance, the competition is going to go up. Hopefully, the number of good-paying clients goes up too, with the transition.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS