🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fee change from 20 percent to 10 percent
Page options
susanwinlowmedia
Community Member

Fee change from 20 percent to 10 percent

Hello all,

I'm sititng at 400.00 earned for one client. It's a long-term ongoing project. Tomorrow I put in another milestone, which is $400. How and when does the Upwork fee drop from 20 percent to 10 percent when I reach the $500 threshold within the milestone?

Thanks for any help. 

4 REPLIES 4
wescowley
Community Member

Susan W wrote:

Hello all,

I'm sititng at 400.00 earned for one client. It's a long-term ongoing project. Tomorrow I put in another milestone, which is $400. How and when does the Upwork fee drop from 20 percent to 10 percent when I reach the $500 threshold within the milestone?

The fee for your first milestone will be $80 (20% of $400). The fee for the second milestone will be $50 (20% of the first $100 (= $20) + 10% of the remaining $300 (= $30)).

The fee for your first milestone will be $80 (20% of $400). The fee for the second milestone will be $50 (20% of the first $100 (= $20) + 10% of the remaining $300 (= $30)).

Hi Wes, 

Thank you. I don't think I was clear on my original question, but I think, if I understood you right, you answered my question anyhowl The one going in tomorrow is acually Milestone 4. The first three milestones totaled $400, now Milestone 4 is $400 itself. But, I think you still answered the questioned. This milestone going in tomorrow will have the first $100 paid at the 20 percent fee, and the remainder at the 10 percent fee, correct? That's what I was thinking should happen, but I wanted to make sure! Thank you!

Susan W wrote:

This milestone going in tomorrow will have the first $100 paid at the 20 percent fee, and the remainder at the 10 percent fee, correct?

Exactly.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susan,

Wes is correct. You may check the FAQ section of this help article, specifically this question - What happens if I cross a fee threshold? Let us know if you have other questions and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members